Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YRive2
Beginner

Intel Driver and Support Assistant stopped working

Hi, I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of weeks now, my Intel Driver and Support Assistant suddenly stopped working, every time I try to check the update page it says "Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again or see our FAQs for help" I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated the software but still not working,I really hope you can help me to fix this issue, thanks in advance

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Clear your browser cache.

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

Hi, thanks for answering but I've tried that already, still the same problem, used another browser, the same..., Im attaching you a screenshot

AlHill
Super User

Uninstall ALL instances of IDSA, and then run this un-installer tool:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29112/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

Make sure you are not blocking these ports on your firewall:

28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).

Make CERTAIN your browser cache is cleared.

Then, reinstall IDSA.

What version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903? 1909? Other?

What browser are you using?

What is the model number of your device/Motherboard?

What is your processor model number?

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

Hi, just finished with all of that, my ports are ok,I uninstalled and reinstalled IDSA once again, cleared cache,

Im using Win 10, 1909, Chrome browser, my motherboard model is TM1709, my CPU is Iintel core i5-8250U

IDSA was working just fine and this happened just like that

AlHill
Super User

OK, I believe you, IDSA can be a challange. Now, I am going to ask that you restart your machine. I have twelve machines that I just ran a test on, and I had to restart two of them.

If this does not work, well, let us see what happens.

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

hahhaahaahh, yes, I just restarted once again, I have no idea whats going on here, thank you so much

AlHill
Super User

So, did it finally start working? I have noticed a problem when idsa updates itself from 19.11.46.5 to .6.

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

no it is not, still the same, yes, im using 19.11.46.6, I guess I have to wait til a new version fix this problem😑

AlHill
Super User

I will make the IDSA manager aware of this issue.

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

Alright, thanks a lot

AlHill
Super User

One more question - are you using windows 10, version 1909?

Doc

YRive2
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I closed the mail yesterday and didnt opened until now, yes, im using win 10, ver 1909, im not sure if IDSA stopeed working once I updated.