Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AX11
Beginner

Intel G965 chipset supported 45 nm processors with 1066 MHz FSBs?

Hello!

People who know, tell me please, if not difficult.

I have a motherboard Intel DG965RY board with Intel® G965 Express chipset. Bios version MQ96510J.86A.1761.2009.0326.0001 (the most recent). FSBs 1066 Mhz. On the Intel website it stated that the G965 chipset supports processors up to the E6700, and then xs - http://ark.intel.com/products/27729/Intel-82G965-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller

Question - where and how to find out, this motherboard with this BIOS will support 45 nm processors with FSBs 1066 Mhz? Such as the E7600. At E7600 processor FSBs = 1066 Mhz, which hints at a possible processor support from motherboard. But the 45 nm process technology puts everything into question.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

According to the Spec. Update for this board, the highest supported processors are those in the E6000 series (i.e. up to the E6700). There is no mention of support for the E7000 series processors. I looked next at the release notes for the BIOS. Again, there is no mention of (microcode) support being added for E7000 series processors. I think you are out of luck...

...S

AX11
Beginner

Thx for attention to my question.

Now, i need microcode from E7000 series processor. I want to try add them to my motherboard bios. May be you know, where i can take microcode from E7000 series processor?

AlHill
Super User

I am not sure I understand why such effort for a board that is more than ten years old. Even if it were possible, the gain would be negligible.

Why not just purchase a board that supports an E7000 series processor you want, and save yourself a lot of time and effort for a venture that would certainly be unsuccessful?

Doc

AX11
Beginner

Now i have E6400 with 2,13 Ggz. 3,09-2,13 = ~ 900 Mhz. It's good.

No sense to buy another board for a 775th processor. Simply buy something with LGA 1150 / 1155 for the same money.

idata
Community Manager

Hello:

Thank you very much to N. Scott Pearson and to Al Hill for all the information posted previously.

To Alt_x1:

I just wanted to confirm the previous information as correct, the Intel® E7600 is not compatible with the Intel® DG965RY board, as you can confirm on the following link that shows the list of boards that will work with the processor:

http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards?componentName=E7600 http://processormatch.intel.com/MotherBoards/CompatibleBoards?componentName=E7600

And regarding your question, there is no microcode available to make it work with the board, let me apologize for that.

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

AX11
Beginner

intel_corpAlberto from Intel, thx for answer.

LoLxD, All microcode for all Intel CPU are available to make it work with most of the boardes. But with another Brand, not Intel. Intel boards are not modified in most cases. LoL )))))))) This microcodes & bios are can be found on the Internet inthe specials. websites.

Question has been resolved. Topic can be closed. Thx for attention.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Alt_x1:

Thank you very much for that information and for your comments.

We are glad to hear that you found a way and an option to make it work.

Regards

Alberto