Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Intel Haswell Refresh For DZ87KLT-75K? & Intel Broadwell Support?

Will the DZ87KLT-75K get haswell refresh and broadwell support? I have noticed in the compatibility link that if i select i7-4790 there are other brand Z87 motherboards except the Intel ones there is no DZ87KLT-75K and amazon has the i7-4790 up for sale i wanted to get it for the DZ87KLT-75K but the amazon website has a note on it that "Not compatible with Intel Motherboards." that's when i checked the compatibility list and there are no Intel Boards in the list.

Whats up with that Intel?

*EDIT*

Better yet the Devils Canyon i7-4790K seems to be a more appropriate jump to from the i7-4770K hopefully Intel will have a BIOS update ready to support the haswell refresh, or the BIOS 0451 already support harswell refresh? coz in the release not there is among the New Fixes/Features "Updated Processor Support".

I have my eyes set on the i7-4790K (4.0GHz Base And 4.4GHz Boost) this is a worth while upgrade, when it comes out next month hopefully I'll be able to drop it in the DZ87KLT-75K.

Or Intel should treat all the DZ87KLT-75K owners who are affected with the BIOS memory issues which took very long to fix to a return your i7-4770K then receive i7-4790K and if one has i7-4770 receive i7-4790. Just a thought that will be a nice apology from Intel to show how much they care about their valued loyal customers, i for one I'm very much willing to return the i7-4770K and receive i7-4790K.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Since Intel announced the exit of the motherboard business, the support for Intel® processors with Intel® 8 Series motherboards will be limited to the currently available Haswell models; however, other motherboard manufacturers will start supporting this new Intel® processor series when they implement the necessary BIOS updates.

You may want to visit http://processormatch.intel.com/ http://processormatch.intel.com/ for the most recent compatibility information.

Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Oh! i thought Intel was to honor the 8 series support same as all the other motherboards till it reaches EOL (End Of Life) support, Or the Intel 8 series is already EOL?

KBenm
Beginner

if support is as 'easily' done as a BIOS update, it would be really lame of Intel not doing it...

KGrub
Novice

Unfortunately, I have discovered that the folks who keep up the Intel web sites and the engineers are not in sync. The fact that every 8 series MB BIOS in intel's line up has been updated just days before the HR CPUs release is telling me that the engineers did their part. Now we seem to be waiting for the support web site to catch up. Some AA numbers might be excluded, but again that info would be on the CPU support web page. We are just waiting.

ASROCK, who I will turn to after the 8 series has run it's course, is fully up to date and had it's CPU support pages and new BIOS downloads ready within 1 day of the HR release. As stated above, all the 8 series seem to support the HR CPUs with a BIOS update.

We will see!

KGrub
Novice

The latest BIOS for the DH87RL and the DZ87KLT-75K release notes from just 2 weeks back BOTH specify "Updated processor support" as a bullet point. In keeping with Intel's cadence I must assume this is for the Haswell Refresh (right?). Here is the catch: If Intel does not update their CPU support list for the 8 series tech support will tell you you have an unsupported configuration!

Intel: What was the newly supported processors in the latest BIOS release for the DH87RL and the DZ87KTL? If it is for the HR CPUs, please do the right thing and update your official CPU support listings!

Thanks!

KGrub
Novice

I just checked the rest of the 8 series INTEL MBs. All of them have recent BIOS updates and all cite Updated Processor Support!

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The message "Update Processor Support" refers to the same Haswell family; it does not include Haswell refresh/Broadwell processors.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Joe Intel you are mistaken the DZ87KLT-75K has support for Haswell refersh all along ever since BIOS 0336, i have just confirmed this 0336 is among the initial BIOS for the DZ87KLT-75K im glad it had the support from the first release.

http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DZ87KLT75K http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DZ87KLT75K

I´m officialy relocating funds to buy the haswell refresh devils canyon i7-4790K

Stephen
Valued Contributor I

So much for the hopes it seems the have removed the haswell refresh from the DZ87KLT-75K supported cpu list.

What the hell intel does the DZ87KLT-75K support the refresh or not and if not why as all the other venders support the refresh.

As of yesterday i had the i7-4790K on the pre-order but i have now removed it.

Please update on this, coz i wanted the i7-4790K

Tell us if we have support or not and from which BIOS

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The Intel® i7-4790K was listed there by mistake. The information presented above has not changed.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

GFaas
Beginner

I notice the BIOS for this board has been updated a few days ago with the comment "Updated processor support".

Surely this is not the update for the original Haswell CPUs (which have been working in this board since release), so what "updated CPUs" have they just added?

LHami2
Beginner

I would like to know the answer to this as well. The most recent BIOS update says "updated processor support". What processors were added?

NSCOTT_P_Intel
Employee

"Updated Processor Support" does not mean that support for new processors has been added. It means that updated microcode for the existing supported processors has been included.

...Scott

GFaas
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply - it is good to finally have an answer as to what they mean by "updated processor support".

Its a real pity they could spend a little time to update to BIOS so we can use a currently available motherboard with a currently available CPU!

There are no i7-4770 CPUs available at any of the distributors in Australia, so we are stuck with a large quantity of unusable motherboards!

Gary.

RSmit26
Beginner

Just wanted to throw the information out there for all who are curious. I purchased a 4790k yesterday and use the DZ87KLT-75K on the latest bios (0452).

A few notes from my experience:

• The system boots up and recognizes the processor (4.0GHz & 4.40GHz turbo) in bios
  • After exiting the bios in any fashion (save/do not save), the screen exits and does not reboot
  • Hangs on motherboard code 00 00
  • A hard power reset will boot up the system properly even with bios changes saved
  • Even standard reboots get the system to hang on the 00 00 code; requiring a hard power cycle
  • In summary, it appears that the processor may be 'usable', but it will be tedious process filled with hard power cycles (not recommended). I am unsure of system stability during a lengthy O/S session.

While the Intel rep in this thread has accurately stated that Intel is exiting the market with these last 8 series boards, I find the "limited to currently available Haswell Models" as a washy excuse. If you look at the bios revisions; there have been (2) updates in the past 2 months for this board - obviously there are still some development resources supporting this. Not adding support for the refresh processors in (2) bios updates in the past 60 days is not a customer centric approach; especially considering the manufacturer makes the chipset and processor (you would think Intel 8 series boards would be the first to support DC chips if the dev team is there). I can't understand the reasoning for this - maybe to push sales on 9 series chipsets?

I'll probably hold onto the 4790k for a couple of weeks in hopes that a bios revision gives official support for DC chips - I was lucky enough to be near the B&M retailer in the US that sells processors at a heavy discount. I really like this board, and would love the ability to have a stock chip at 4-4.4GHz with vt-d.

CCham2
Beginner

Thanks Ryan for sharing your results on experimenting with the 4790K. Now if Intel will just do us a solid and make the BIOS update. Other companies with Z87 boards are supporting their loyal customers for the Haswell refresh. Why not us? I purchased the DZ87KLT not just for the nostalgia of being the last commercial Intel desktop board but also because it is built well with good features. I also have the DZ77GA-70K and it has been performing great with the up-to-date BIOS. Come on Intel "refresh" our faith in good customer support!!!

idata
Community Manager

Unbelievable that this is still an issue two years down the road...