Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVest
Beginner

Intel Management Engine components installer failure

Every time I try and update this it ends up saying Fatal error. The Bios and chipset driver are both at the latest version.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AVest​ ,

1. Download the ME driver to your PC. Since you didn't described your hardware configuration (i.e. model of your PC), I can't direct you to correct download site.
  2. Disconnect your PC from Internet.
  3. Open Windows Settings > Apps and then click on Apps & Futures. Look on R.H. Panel for Intel Management Engine Components and click on it. Now click on Uninstall. (see the image attached)
  4. After uninstalling the installed version, reboot your NUC and install the downloaded version.
  5. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC. Now, you may run again the DSA and you will see the drivers updated.

Leon

AVest
Beginner

Hi @LWAKSMAN​ 

Sorry the System is a Dell Precision T3610 windows windows 7 64 bit installed.

Here's the driver i was trying to use https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=c3vmm&oscode=w764&product...

I did try and uninstall it from control panel but I was getting a similar error. So I just Uninstalled it from device manager to see if that would allow me to reinstall it but no luck with that either.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AVest​ 

Reading in Management Engine Driver description, I'm seeing there a prerequisite: Chipset driver have to be installed first. Be aware that after installing the Chipset Driver, the laptop should be rebooted. Problem is that in Dell site I can see only the following driver: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=jwntp&oscode=wt64a&produc... . However, I'm not sure that this driver will be suitable for Windows 7 also.

Leon

AVest
Beginner

@LWAKSMAN​ 

I was able to run that but The Intel ME still failed.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AVest​ 

It is time to address this problem to DELL support. I'm sorry but I've not other ideato help you.

Leon