Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Motherboard DH61ZE Stucks after directly update to Bios BE0099.bio from verion BE0046.bio

Jump to solution

Intel Board : DH61ZE

Dear Members

I have update my system with the new firmware i.e BE0099.bio from BE0046.bio, update successful and after restarts my system got stuck at logo and is not booting.

i am try all the trick as well as methods to resolve this problem, but in my case it is not workable.

I am try to update the firmware via F7 method, it show the Error

"Flashing Image for Intel(R) Management Engine Firmware ... FW update sample application error fwuptefullbuffer

flash update failed

Technical information 0x8000000000000015, 1632"

I am trying to recovery via usb method the is powered on, fans are working, usb is connected, jumper removed, it does not shows any display on the screen, only system fans are working

Please help to resolve this problem, after lot of research i got to know that "i have to first update bios BE0048.bio then BE0099.bio.

Thanks in advance

Varun 

System Config.

Motherboard : DH61ZE

Processor : Intel i5 3450

Ram : Kingston 4GB DDR3

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Re: Intel Motherboard DH61ZE Stucks after directly update to Bios BE0099.bio from verion BE0046.bio

Jump to solution

Al is correct.

Intel *DOES NOT* provide any "universal BIOS chip". The only way that this repair center could have done this was either with the actual flash IC from another board or a new flash IC containing a copy of the contents of the flash from another board. The former would be ok but the latter has issues: Your board now has the same MAC Address as this other board. Your board has the same branding (Serial Numbers, etc.) as this other board. While there are tools around that can patch the MAC Address, there's nothing that can be used to restore your board's original branding (it's in that flash IC you had removed). Without this information staying unique, clashes and conflicts are possible and, though unlikely, UUID/GUID generation might not be unique.

All that said, Intel does not care; there's no legal issue that's being broken; this is an issue between you and the doner system's owner. If that board is dead, well, no harm, no foul. 

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Re: Intel Motherboard DH61ZE Stucks after directly update to Bios BE0099.bio from verion BE0046.bio

Jump to solution

Bad mistake! You may have bricked yourself.

You will need to attempt BIOS recovery to BE0048. If that succeeds, you will need to attempt BIOS Recovery to BE0099. Finally, if that succeeds, you will need to attempt BIOS Recovery to BE0120. I have attached all necessary files.

For information on the BIOS Update process, consult Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and, for this case, Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your USB flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive. Delete any other .BIO files.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged onto; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that (a) the BIOS installed properly and (b) the ME is working (BIOS displays ME firmware version properly). Stop if it isn't.
  21. If need to do recovery to another BIOS, go back to Step 1, but you can skip Step 4 & Step 5 subsequently.
  22. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset the BIOS configuration.
  23. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  24. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  25. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  26. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  27. Test.

Hope this works,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

Thanks for your Prompt Reply

But its not works for me. i tried all above steps as provided by your goodself but still system is not bootable and freeze on Intel Logo.

When all tips and tricks are fails in my case, I approached "Computer Motherboard Repairer" and informed the issue of Bios Corruption, he Immediately removed the existing Bios Chip with fixed the refurbished bios Chip and after that we checked it, it starts working and revert to Legacy stable Bios stored in the Chip.

Now My Motherboard is again working properly, but its ip-address got change, which is mainly due to change of bios chip.

Thanks for your Kind Support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

You did a bad thing.  Replacing the bios chip is stealing the identity of another board.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

Dear AlHill

How you could say that I steal the identity of Another Board, i have some question from you in this regard which are as follows:

1. Is such type of Repair is Prohibited by Intel?

2. Is any restriction from Intel in this regard?

3. Is any security controls have been employed within the chip or Board to work only with corresponding/attached Motherboard?

4. Is any action taken by Intel in this regards till Now?

5. Is intel obtains proof of Identity at the time of buying the goods?

6. Is there any record maintained by intel that to whom its sells goods?

there are much more questions but intention is the gist of all Actions, Intel provides the Universal bios Chip, which can be easily placed on the other motherboard and make it workable. It is steeling when i am doing unauthorized activities from this chip.

After update the system from Original Intel Bios my working system go to hell, then you don't questions Intel "Why such Hardware Failure with update".

Thanks for reply, I hope you understands my side.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Jump to solution

"How you could say that I steal the identity of Another Board,"

Because that is what you have done.  End of discussion.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Jump to solution

Al is correct.

Intel *DOES NOT* provide any "universal BIOS chip". The only way that this repair center could have done this was either with the actual flash IC from another board or a new flash IC containing a copy of the contents of the flash from another board. The former would be ok but the latter has issues: Your board now has the same MAC Address as this other board. Your board has the same branding (Serial Numbers, etc.) as this other board. While there are tools around that can patch the MAC Address, there's nothing that can be used to restore your board's original branding (it's in that flash IC you had removed). Without this information staying unique, clashes and conflicts are possible and, though unlikely, UUID/GUID generation might not be unique.

All that said, Intel does not care; there's no legal issue that's being broken; this is an issue between you and the doner system's owner. If that board is dead, well, no harm, no foul. 

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution
Thanks sir for sharing such valuable information in a polite and better way

As a normal user of IT products, i don't have that knowledge that you provides.

After trying a lot to resolve the problem, arise after updating the wrong bios, when i finds that now its out of mine control, then i decided to visit the computer repair shop and there they rescue the board.

Now i left the original bios chip at there, is there any issue could be arise in normal usage of system with the donated bios?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution
Thanks sir for sharing such valuable information in a polite and better way.

As a normal user of IT products, i don't have that knowledge that you provides.

After trying a lot to resolve the problem, arise after updating the wrong bios, when i finds that now its out of mine control, then i decided to visit the computer repair shop and there they rescue the board.

Now i left the original bios chip at there, is there any issue could be arise in normal usage of system with the donated bios?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Jump to solution

As I said, if they got the IC off of a dead board, then there's no issue. The branding information in the flash is not going to match the stickers on the board, but that's pretty much a so-what.

If they copied the flash IC of a working, in-use board, on the other hand, this could be an issue. Having board with same branding (same Serial Number, same MAC Address, etc.), this can - but rarely does - have repercussions. For example, the two machines would have to be on the same subnet or on connected subnets that did not have an intervening firewall (esp. NAT Server), then they could suffer collisions and have their LAN communications break down. But, most end-users have their machines protected behind firewalls and thus will avoid this scenario.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot
0 Kudos