cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTaba
Beginner

Intel Power Supervisor has detected a catastrophic power event has occurred

Hi, how are you?

I got the error "Intel Power Supervisor has detected a catastrophic power event has occurred", when I was playing BattleField 4, Counter-Strike Global Offensive and Modern Warfare 3, the machine shuts down and after turn up, I receive the error above.

I have configured all these games with graphics on maximum capacity of my VGA. But, when using Windows, or other applications less heavy, I did not got the error.

I've already tried to verify the power configurations on BIOS and run the games with a less heavy graphics configs, but the error still persists.

This is a brand new machine:

Power supply: Thermaltake ATX TR2 600W TR-600

Motherboard: Intel DH87RL LGA 1150

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz

RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz x1

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III

VGA: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2048MB

And I have 2 big fans inside the chassis, 1 intake and 1 exhaust, nothing more that uses the power supply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Tabahm, please check on the visual BIOS under "power tab", depending of the processor and the power supply, there should be some options to enable or disable the processor's power states.

If you find them,please disable C6/C7 power states, C3 should be enable.

Also, please check if the power supply you are using is Haswell compatible. The following is the list of Intel PSU Design Guide:

1. http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/ http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/

2. Go to the top right hand where it says 12V2 Min-load

3. From the Drop down select the "Yes" option

4. The list displayed will be the latest list of PSUs that meet Intel's requirements

Let me know.

HTaba
Beginner

Hi Sylvia, on my Visual BIOS don't have any option that meets perfectly the C3 option, so I enable the C2 and the option that says something about C6/C7 were disabled., but the error still occuring.

The URL of the PSU isn't working, it takes me to a blank page.

HTaba
Beginner

Now, the PSU Selector is working, but my PSU isn't on the 12V2 Min-load list.

This means that my power supply isn't compatible with motherboard? Is there any other way or workaround to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

We have seen a lot of cases where customers are experiencing this same issue and it is because the power supply is not Haswell ready.

As far as we know, there is no workaround for this. You can try to remove the CMOS battery or test the system out of the chassis, but we are not sure that is going to fix the problem.