Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMatt10
Beginner

Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection windows 10 does not work on rebooting the machine

I have a Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection that ever since switching to windows 10 does not work on rebooting the machine. I need to either remove and reinstall the device or disable/enable the device for it to see the internet connection. From my internet search this appears to be a common issue with this device, but I have not found a solution. Does Intel have a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi MRuckert,

Thank you for the post. What is the board you used? As 82578DC is an onboard NIC, it

is recommended to check with the board vendor as this is an integrated part on their system.

It would be best the board vendor can further assist in case there is hardware issue.

Here is the website regarding support for onboard NIC for your reference

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?

wapkw=oem+network

Have you tried upgrading the driver and the BIOS for the system?

Thanks,

wb
MMatt10
Beginner

I have an Intel DP55KG Socket LGA 1156 Motherboard. The drivers are both up-to-date (intel does not have Windows 10 driver only the drivers provided by Microsft. The BIOS update I have not checked but will even though I don't think that is a problem. More to follow later today.

MMatt10
Beginner

I checked my BIOS and it is BIOS Version/Date - Intel Corp. KGIBX10J.86A.3206.2009.0805.1855, 8/5/2009

However, the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/40077/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP55KG https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/40077/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP55KG site does not provide any updates for Windows 10 64 BIT OS. So it is not clear what if any update is available or would apply to my system. I am assuming you would want me to update to the BIOS Update [KGIBX10J.86A] version. However, in reviewing the release notes I do not find anything that indicates that the updates will solve the network adapter issue that I am having. Further the BIOS update documents very clearly states to update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. Unless you see something in the release notes for the subsequent BIOS updates since my current version, I do not feel that updating the BIOS is in line with INTELs directions.

Please advise on the next course of action.

idata
Community Manager

Hi MRuckert,

Thank you for providing the additional information. Since this is an Intel desktop board, I will forward your inquiry to the desktop board support which can further assist you on the integrated components on the system.

Thanks,

wb

idata
Community Manager

MRuckert,

I regret to inform that the issue that you are experiencing is could be related to the installation of an unsupported operating system., your motherboard does not support Windows® 10. A driver and BIOS update might address the issue, but since there are no drivers for older platforms and Windows® 10, this is consider expected.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy.