Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

From time to time, Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager Version: 8.9.0.1023 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/17882/Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/17882/Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager, detaches one of the drives (RAID 1) - incomplete Volumin Raid. The disk is operational. Why? And then update the technology?

Andrew
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have an Intel 7 Series board managing a 4-drive RAID5 array. It has been running for a couple of years now. I currently have RST version 12.8.0.1016 installed. I have never seen a detach issue occur...

Highlighted

Hello, eskadra1:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

Have you tested different SATA cables?

You could also back up all your data and then format the drive that your are having issues with and then re-build your RAID.

Please do backup all your data before doing this since we cannot assure it is going to recover properly, RAID is a very tricky configuration for that reason it would be better to have the information safe somewhere else.

Regards,

Esteban C

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Esteban and N. Scott Pearson for the answer.

There are two drives Segat. Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager disables random drives. That's the problem. Once one drive and once the second drive :-)

Can you update the Intel (R) Matrix Storage Manager Version: 8.9.0.1023 for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 14.8.0.1042 ??

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, usually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, eskadra1:

That is correct, I would like to know, what is the maker and model of your motherboard?

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Esteban and N. Scott Pearson for the answer.

Data motherboard:

Asustek Computer INC.

Model: P7P55 LX

Procesor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661@3.33GHz.

Bios: American Megatrends Inc. 1101.

RAID Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID, number of ports: 6

Thank you

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, eskadra1:

Thank you for the information provided.

You should not have any issues while updating the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology driver in your system.

If you require any additional information or support, feel free to advise us.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much. If problems are to write.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, eskadra1:

No problem, we all the communities' user are here to assist each other for sure.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos