Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel Rapid Start very slow on ASRock B75M-GL

I just set up my brand new PC with an ASRock B75M-GL board and Samsung 830 128GB SSD running Windows 7 64bit. It has 8GB of RAM, so I created an 8GB Rapid Start partition. The Intel Rapid Start utility shows it is enabled, delay is set to 0 (called "immediately" in BIOS). Indeed when I enter sleep mode the PC shuts down, briefly turns back on and then cuts the power. When I turn it on again, the Windows logon screen is shown within seconds. However, when I type my password and press enter it takes 20 to 25 seconds before the desktop is shown. This makes Intel Rapid Start slower than a cold boot, which is under 30 seconds.

How can I speed up Rapid Start? I still like the feature because it preserves the desktop and open programs. What could it be doing while I wait for the login to be processed?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello Richie B,

In order to obtain further assistance on the Rapid Start application please contact the motherboard manufacturer directly or use our chipset chat support:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport?group=processor Contact Support