cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NKung
Beginner

Intel SBA does not work in Win 8.1 ?!!

Hi all !

I've recently upgraded my Win8(x64) to Win8.1. After the upgrade, I found that Small Business Advantage (SBA) does not work anymore in Win8.1.

I've upgraded the drivers from the motherboard vendor (I'm using ASRock B75M R2.0) but still no luck :-(

I've also searched the Intel SBA support web pages and it mentioned that a new version of SBA (v2.2) is available, but I can't find the download link ?!!

Could anyone help ?! Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NKung
Beginner

For more information, the problem I encountered is:

When I clicked the SBA icon, the following message showed up:

"This computer does not support Intel SBA Tools, if you need detail information, pls. contact ....."

DArce
Valued Contributor III

This software is provided directly by the Original Equipment Manufacturer or computer manufacturer. In this case, you should check through Asrock if this software came originally with the installer software they provide for your motherboard, so they may provide a version compatible with that new operating system.

NKung
Beginner

I've contacted Asrock and got the SBA2.2 software. Unfortunately, I can neither install the SBA2.2 (it said I've already installed SBA, I need to uninstall it first) nor uninstall the old SBA (due to the SBA service was not executed.) .... such a dilemma !!

Eventually, Asrock suggested me to re-install Win 8.1, and then install the SBA2.2... OMG, it's such a painful solution to me

Anyway, thanks for your help, Diego_Intel !

DArce
Valued Contributor III

You are welcome.

You could check in a separate partition or hard drive just to see if their suggestion of a fresh OS install will solve the issue. Further than that, it's them who need to check this software and validate it in your system.