Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
11381 Discussions

Intel cpu fan D60188-001

musical
Beginner

I need to buy a new fan as mine is getting rather noisy (have cleaned and oiled it).

On the ticker it has:

D60188-001
DP642F40
DTC AAL03
12VDC 0.60A
DELTA

Advertised fans of D60188-001 vary in some of the other detail (the second line is always different to my DP642F40, some have 0.12A and DELTA varies) - just wanted to ask if any of this matters? If I buy a fan and heat sink that is D60188-001 will it be exactly the same? 

How do I check if my fan is compatible with INTEL LGA 775 SOCKET (which a seller has stipulated)?

I have an intel dual core 2 CPU.

Thanks.

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The manufacturer doesn't matter. Intel used multiple sources. I believe units compliant to this particular spec were manufactured by Delta, Nidec and Foxconn.

The power utilization doesn't matter. The Delta fan uses 7.2W at full speed. The Nidec fan uses 2.4W at full speed. The Foxconn fan uses 1.7W at full speed.

What is important is that the solution be able to dissipate the heat that the supported processors will generate. Seeing the D60188-001 on a unit means that it does.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Have you tried cleaning in and around the fan? Doing so could make it quieter. I have removed the whole fan assembly from the heatsink.

musical
Beginner

Thank you so much for your excellent reply n_scott

Since posting I have worked out that it wasn't the cpu causing the problem - but, rather, the graphics fan. I cleaned and oiled and the noise has gone. 

Cheers.