cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_M
Novice

Intel driver and support assistant won't re-install after removal

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled Intel DSA, but when I download the latest iDSA program and then launch the software, the software only tries to uninstall. It never tries to install the Intel DSA software (see attachment).

When I tell it to 'uninstall', it goes ahead and afterward says basically 'Done! All is good'. Re-boot and return to install iDSA and its the same thing all over again, asking me whether I want to uninstall the program that it claimed it uninstalled already! I'm stuck in a forever loop. The DSAUninstaller.log is attached.

I have tried several uninstallers from the iDSA's own special uninstaller, Microsofts programs uninstaller, Windows uninstaller. They all can't seem to find iDSA on my system. I tried to clean my registries as well to no avail Of course I've like re-booted a million times before each attempt to install the DSA.

This is a new bug to me as I've always been able to update this program with no programs. I have the latest Windows 10 64-bit Pro with 64GB RAM with all the latest patches and updates.

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_M
Novice

Monique:

As you may recall, all attempts to remove the remnants of the DSA have failed, including your own uninstaller.

So I downloaded an older version of the iDSA installer. It bulked and said something like "A newer version of iDSA already exists...". This is the mystery DSA that can't be found by any uninstaller, including yours.

It then gave me a log file and scrolled down a bit, it found {3A77F13D-047E-4877-860B-ADE4409280A0} where it said that it still exists (whatever that is). I figured that was the new installer stuff, so I removed it from both the registry and boot drive.

I rebooted my PC and this time, the iDSA installer succeeded and now all is good.

Apparently, this string needs to be removed by your uninstallers. Why didn't it find it in the first place?

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Check if folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA exists. If it does, try manually deleting this folder.

...S

David_M
Novice

Thanks ... but no such directory or file exists in this hidden folder, unfortunately.

Monique_Intel

Hi @David_M   This is Monique with Intel Corporation and I'm the project manager for IDSA.  I've sent the uninstaller log over to our developers for review and see if they have a solution.  If they need any additional information, I'll let you know.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Monique with Intel Corporation

David_M
Novice

Hi Monique ... can you please point me to older versions or executables of the iDSA?

Thanks,

David

David_M
Novice

Monique:

As you may recall, all attempts to remove the remnants of the DSA have failed, including your own uninstaller.

So I downloaded an older version of the iDSA installer. It bulked and said something like "A newer version of iDSA already exists...". This is the mystery DSA that can't be found by any uninstaller, including yours.

It then gave me a log file and scrolled down a bit, it found {3A77F13D-047E-4877-860B-ADE4409280A0} where it said that it still exists (whatever that is). I figured that was the new installer stuff, so I removed it from both the registry and boot drive.

I rebooted my PC and this time, the iDSA installer succeeded and now all is good.

Apparently, this string needs to be removed by your uninstallers. Why didn't it find it in the first place?

Regards,

David

View solution in original post