I tried installing new fans and a sound card. Upon restart, when I dld drivers, I went into bios and set my chassis fans to 60 and 65% to check noise levels. Saved my settings aaaaaand boom nothing. It goes to code, 16, 21, then bloops and gives me code 53. No video and no power to usb's. I can't figure out what code 53 in the manual either. For safety I've checked my ram, unplugged the fans, and the soundcard. Still nothing.
Let me help you with this.
There are some troubleshooting steps I would like you to try:
- Take the motherboard out of the chassis if possible to a non conducted surface like Wood or glass.
- Disconnect all components from the motherboard including power supply, memory, HDD, the BIOS jumper and Battery for about 20 -30 minutes.
- Reconnect the system to test minimum configuration. This is just one RAM memory stick, 1 HDD, battery, jumper. Do not connect Audio or video cards.
- Turn the system and test it.
- If issue persists, try accessing the BIOS and reset all settings to default:
Based on the description this sounds like grounding issue but try the steps above and let me know how it goes.