Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FOtto
Beginner

Intermittent Internet Access with Motherboard DG41RQ

At times, can't access internet for a few minutes. Other times longer periods like an hour.

During the same periods my wireless access laptop has full internet access using the same router thus the problem is the desktop system. Called Intel at 1-916-377-7000 - - they emailed me the latest XP driver. After the install, still having periods when internet can't be found. Running XP Pro system. Any ideas as to cause or fix?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello wfo,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry for the issue you have with this motherboard, when you connect the LAN cable to another computer does it work ok?

Do you remember making any changes on your system when this started to happen?

Was any update or something done with your router?

Do you get an exclamation mark in device manager under the network option?

If there is no errors at the device manager, try uninstalling the driver and reinstall it to make sure the driver is not corrupted.

You can also try restarting the router and wait to see if it gets any better.

Best regards,

Ivan.
FOtto
Beginner

1- Have not tried connecting the Ethernet cable to another computer but as I said initially, during the periods when the Desktop system can't access the Internet my laptop does using the wireless connection from the same router.

2- no changes to system

3- no changes to router

4- Device manager does not have any errors on any part including network adapters

There does not seem to be any pattern to the interrupts. I can be using internet and suddenly no access. When that happens I check access with the wireless connected laptop and it's access is OK.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information wfo, I was talking about testing the Ethernet cable on another computer just to isolate an issue with the cable; however, if there is no problem with the cable I regret to say that this motherboard might have a defective LAN port.

If it is ok for you, I would suggest installing a Network Interface Card on the motherboard in order for you to be able to connect the Ethernet cable and use this connection as normal.

I know this is not the response you were hoping for and I really wish I could offer more help, but unfortunately this is a motherboard out of support and the support is limited.

Best regards,

Ivan.
FOtto
Beginner

Thanks Ivan,

You are correct in that your info is not what I was hoping for. I had considered a PCI LAN card BUT this motherboard only has two PCI slots and I an using both to provide Firewire and Fax ports. I might need to give one of them up. Wonder if anyone has a combination card for both.

idata
Community Manager

Yes I understand, you could try to use a USB to Ethernet, you can take a look at the one at the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B00ET4KHJ2 https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B00ET4KHJ2

I have tried this with different computers and the Intel® NUC and they work fine, but this was not tested with this motherboard but at least it worth a try.

Best regards,

Ivan.

FOtto
Beginner

Thanks again Ivan. I will look into that USB Ethernet adapter, sounds like it may resolve my issue.

Regards,

....Fred

idata
Community Manager

You are more than welcome!

Please let me know how it goes.

Ivan.