Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLuka1
Beginner

Is it possible to connect NVidia GForce GTX295 using SPIDF 2 pin cable directly to D975XBX2 motherboard to get audio on HDMI when i connect it to a HDTV?

Is it possible to connect NVidia GForce GTX295 using SPIDF 2 pin cable directly to D975XBX2 motherboard.

I'm trying to get video and audio over HDMI cable when I try to connect my PC with a HDTV.

Thx in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Provided there is such a connector on the board (note I am not seeing any mention of this in the board's TPS document) and there is an SPDIF input on the particular GTX295 card that you have, you could use it to inject audio into the HDMI (or DP) stream (this is it's purpose, after all).

If the connector is not present on either side, there is another alternative to consider. You can get adapters that take in a DVI (or HDMI without audio) video input and a separate audio input (from the back panel of the motherboard, for example) and then output a full HDMI with audio signal. Here is a link to one such adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-108124-Stereo-Audio-Converter/dp/B009GUNEAI Amazon.com: Monoprice 108124 DVI and R/L Audio to HDMI Converter.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Great information posted by Scott.

Allan.