Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ailge
Beginner

Is my DX58SO fried?

This machine is around 10 years old, my buddy gave it back to me claiming bad video card. I’ve taken it down to just ram and proc, cant even get it to stay on. Tested known good ram, no difference.

Board has repeats this behavior with only power connected (even removed start / reset / case leds connection).

Only other interesting piece is corsair hydro series radiator was clogged up with dog hair, but the i7 isnt overclocked or anything so i imagine even still the cooler would have been sufficient.

New CMOS battery.

Anyone seen this behavior before? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your board is from 2008, which makes it 12 years old now.

It does not include processor graphics, so you would have to use an add-on graphics card. Are you using the same graphics card your buddy said was bad?

This board is no longer supported.

I would clean the cooler, and re-apply the thermal paste.

I would also try a different power supply. This would be my first step.

And, I would make certain I was using a known good graphics card. But, there is a problem. If you try a NEW graphics card, it may not work. You should look for an older graphics card that is really compatible with your motherboard.

However, all of this may be a waste of time.

Doc

ailge
Beginner

I have verified the original graphics card works in another machine and that machines working card also does not display in this one (the two machines were built at the same time).

I tried a known good power supply, same result.

I still have the stock cpu cooler and think i should try that in the event that the hydro system is seized up. I was under the impression that if you have mb / proc / ram in working order, nothing else attached it would power up and just stay on doing nothing failing to boot after post, is this not true ?

Thanks for your reply!

AlHill
Super User

You may also want to try another COMPATIBLE processor.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What exactly are you seeing happening when you press the power button? Please describe whole sequence of events, including onboard LED activity.