Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeSalgado
Beginner

Is the DG31PR compatible with the Core 2 Quad Q9500?

Hello guys, I would like to know if my motherboard, Intel DG31PR, is compatible with the Core 2 Quad Q9500 processor, as I already bought the processor and when I went to search, some places said that it is only compatible with the Q9505 and Q9550 , now I'm scared, because I imported mine through Aliexpress, and I don't know if it's compatible. If you can help me, I'm grateful.

Sorry if I have a typo, because I am using the google translator, since I am not fluent in English

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

List of supported processors for DG31PR can be found here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/DG31PR.pdf

...S

FelipeSalgado
Beginner

So, I have already looked at this documentation, only the Q9500 does not appear, but I have already seen a person using the Q9500 in the DG31PR, so I want to know if it is really compatible or not.

And the Q9500 seems to be a forgotten processor, it has information that is null on the intel website.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The issue is that, with an unsupported processor, things don't happen that really should. For example, the BIOS does not load microcode updates for unsupported processors. The BIOS may also not initialize the unsupported processor completely. No one is saying that an unsupported processor isn't going to work; what is being said is that there can be issues (like tripping over errata) and no validation with this processor has been done. This may mean nothing and it works just fine -- but there could be that day where it trips over some errata and poof, you have a mess on your hands. What I will say is that I will not use an unsupported processor, period.

...S