cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Is the RX 480 compatible with intel DP55KG

Jump to solution

I bought an RX 480. Is it compatible with Intel DP55KG? I'm not having any luck. Getting the error code Eb or E6. Could really use some help. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

It is likely to be incompatible. This cards requires PCIe 3.0 and the P55 chipset on your KG board only has support for PCIe 2.0. You could try running with UEFI enabled and see if it will run in compatibility mode (but I doubt it)...

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

It is likely to be incompatible. This cards requires PCIe 3.0 and the P55 chipset on your KG board only has support for PCIe 2.0. You could try running with UEFI enabled and see if it will run in compatibility mode (but I doubt it)...

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yeh I've tried that and your right... I'm RMAing the card anyway just in case and in the meantime I'm selling my old GPU, and extra set of ram, and my old cpu/mobo so I can buy a new cpu and mobo after I sell the stuff. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the help Scott!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

N.Scott.Pearson, thanks for your help with this thread.

To: LukeMedia

Hello LukeMedia,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.

0 Kudos
Beginner

Well I'm out of luck, you see, Newegg doesn't take returns on GPUs, all I have is $70, that's not enough to buy a new CPU/Mobo or even just a new Mobo, (Having trouble finding LGA1156) so I tried selling my old GPU, The i7/Mobo, and some extra RAM I had lying around, and unsurprisingly it's really hard to sell 7-year-old stuff. So I guess for now I'm out of luck. Until I get some more money and can buy a second-hand i5 or something. Thanks for the help anyway.

0 Kudos