Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EVKnucklehead
Beginner

Is there an archive for the old Desktop Board drivers anywhere?

I get that Intel no longer makes or supports their prior motherboard products, choosing to focus on their newer chipset offerings. They'd rather have people buying new boards from their partners than hanging on to existing products. But there are still times when these old drivers are needed, such as when someone either can't afford to upgrade or when they're intentionally choosing to run an older product (retro computing or comparing newer and older products, for example).

If anyone knows of a relatively complete and safe archive of these downloads, please share.

If not, perhaps Intel could be persuaded to either turn over the previous download database to some group willing to create such an archive, or reinstate their old archive? I know it's a long shot, but it's something that simply should not be lost just because the company has moved on.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As the announcement in the Desktop Boards forum says, the drivers and bios for these discontinued boards have been removed.

I do not recommend 3rd party download sites for security reasons. However, at your own risk, you may want to look at softpedia.

Doc

EVKnucklehead
Beginner

There's a reason I put "Safe" in bold. But I guess the main point I was trying to make is that the files must exist in some form still, whether it be on the drives pulled from the servers that were in use before or various backups from those servers (I'm assuming the servers themselves have been dismantled or repurposed already). I know it's a long shot that Intel will actually do anything on this matter, but if no one asks, the chances drop to 0.

AlHill
Super User

You are not the first person to ask.

Doc

RKoth3
Beginner

Hi,

I have Intel Core i7 2600, CPU.

I wanted the BIOS Updates for DH67BL. Facing Issues in my desktop running Win 10. It often freezes. I have tried versious OS patches and reformats, but no luck.

I see that this BIOS drivers have been discontinued. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50098/intel-desktop-board-dh67bl.html

My motherboard BIOS version is BLH6710H.86A.0076.2010.1115.1959 which was released in 11/15/2010.

I also see that there was an update released in 2014, for 'Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL' on June 28, 2014. I want to download this, but this version has been discontinued.

We(customers) definitely need access to old drivers. After searching a lot, I came across this post/question.

https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P00004WxgZySAJ

Appreciate help here. Request intel to make the older drivers available to the customers.

Thanks

-Raghavendra

AlHill
Super User

The downloads for these old, discontinued, unsupported boards have been removed.

Windows 10 is not supported on your board, but will run. The freeze may be related to something else, like heat, or failing components.

Your processor is also not supported on Windows 10.

An updated bios is not going to solve your problems. You have not updated your bios in nine years, and you think it will now?

Unless another customer has the bios to share, you can look at using other sites, like softpedia.

Doc