Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HFree1
Beginner

Looking for 12/16/2010 BIOS for DG43RK

Trying to recover from massive lightning strike in Aug. Killed much electronics in the house including three PCs. Have been assembling the nessessary part to rebuild and now find that the BIOS I need has been removed. Anyone have the file I need?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As the announcement on the Desktop Boards forum says, drivers and bios for these discontinued/unsupported boards have been removed.

Unless a forum member has the file(s) you need, you are on your own. You may want to explore some site (although I do not recommend it) like softpedia.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached the last RK BIOS (version 88)

...S

HFree1
Beginner

Thanks Scott, but so far I cant get to load after highlighting it in F7.

HFree1
Beginner

Extracted to RK0088P.bio

n_scott_pearson

Right. Did you get it to load then?​

HFree1
Beginner

No. After highlighting the file and pressing ENTER for YES, it just counts down and then reboots.
n_scott_pearson

It is *supposed* to reboot. The installation of the BIOS update actually occurs after this reboot. Once the update starts, you should see an onscreen display of its progress. Once it is complete, the system will be rebooted again.

If you have run this, it is possible that the upgrade is already done. Reboot and use the F2 key to enter BIOS Setup. From there, you can see the BIOS version. If the upgrade is not installing, run it again and watch the progress screen while the upgrade is again being attempted to see if an error message is being displayed.

One known issue with the BIOS Upgrade process is that it can fail if there is a problem with the memory installed in the system. If the BIOS requires multiple attempts to successfully initialize the memory, it could lose track of the BIOS upgrade in progress. If what you are seeing is you select the .BIO file, the system reboots and then goes straight into Windows (or Linux) without appearing to do anything, this is likely the result of problematic memory.

Hope this helps,

...S

HFree1
Beginner

Yes it's going straight into windows. The bios is still on 0082 version when I check. Memory issues is why I'm attempting the bios upgrade. I have tried three Mfrs 1333 memory, all specs are being followed but I cannot get it to recognize it. I found a thread talking about this and the fix was upgrading to the last bios version. I have another board DP45 with the same issue but it's got 2 1066 memory sticks and 2 4gb 1333 (running as 2gb) sticks in it and it's running ok but won't take the new 1333 sticks I purchased. I'll try a slower memory stick and see if that works. Thanks
HFree1
Beginner

Scott; still no success. It just boots into windows without loading the new file. I'm running out of variables to try. Any chance you have the Express file for windows?
n_scott_pearson

Try installing this file using the BIOS Recovery process. I provided step-by-step instructions for doing so in this conversation: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00....

Hope this helps,

...S

HFree1
Beginner

Scott, I appreciate all your help on this, but so far nothing is working as advertised. I followed the BIOS recovery procedure exactly and got nothing but a purple screen for 15 minutes. I then rebooted and found the original bios and all of the setting exactly as before. Is there any possibility that the .bio file you sent is corrupt?
n_scott_pearson

If it is corrupt, it usually indicates so. Still, I will verify, but not until tomorrow.

...S

n_scott_pearson

Here is a fresh grab, zip and upload. See if this is different

...S

HFree1
Beginner

Thanks for your efforts Scott, but there is no change. Whether the problem is in firmware or hardware, makes no difference at this point. It's time to find a different solution. Thanks
n_scott_pearson

Certainly possible; this board and processor are almost 10 years old.

Sorry it didn't work out,

...S

HFree1
Beginner

One last Hail Mary: My research shows that the RK board was known for memory problems that were fixed with 0088 bios. I did not know this. My original board that was destroyed my lightning was already running 088 code before the strike. I also found a few suggestions that an incremental upgrade was necessary in some cases before going to 0088. My current board is at 0082. Any chance that you have 0085 or 0086 bio file? That may be the answer.
HFree1
Beginner

Vendor refunded purchase price.