Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Looking for Intel DX58SO2 Chipset Drivers

Jeboygan
Beginner

Hello there! I recently pulled out an old DX58SO2 motherboard for a budget build and it looks like the Intel website no longer has any drivers for the motherboard available. I was wondering if anyone has the latest chipset drivers that were available and can upload them so that I could install them, or if there's a legit place to download them and can point me in the right direction. I've found some links to "drivers" through google but they all seem sketchy. I'm running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Build 1703 (10.0.15063), if that matters at all, though I doubt there were any windows 10 driver versions for this motherboard. I appreciate the help! 

9 Replies
Storm
Beginner

Olá, saudações.
Você conseguiu resolver seu problema?
Encontrou os chipsets e todas as unidades?
Também estou tendo o mesmo problema e tenho medo de pegar vírus baixando de sites aleatórios sem muita credibilidade.
Estou com o processador i7 990X Extreme Edition com o DX58SO2 não sei de que revisão é, pois comprei o PC montado já usado.
Antes eu usava o i7 950, agora comprei o i7 990X mas a placa-mãe não está reconhecendo, atualizei o BIOS para o mais recente acredito que seja 2013, versão 0920. 

E ainda sem sucesso.
Por favor, alguém pode me ajudar?

Ps: I left some explanatory images below for better understanding.

AlHill
Super User

The minimum bios required is 0603.  I do not know what 20p is.  I have attached the latest/last bios for you.  Plus, the release notes for 0920 are here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191120150302/https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23054/eng/SO2_0920_Relea...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

Storm
Beginner

Hello again, thanks so much for your help.
Sorry for my English I'm Brazilian and I'm using the translator.
I've already installed this Bios: version 0920 using the i7 950, and then I changed the processor to the i7 990x Extreme Edition and even then windows doesn't start with the new processor.

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Can you power on and get into BIOS Setup? Or is it not powering on at all? If this is the case, have you tried engaging the Back-to-BIOS button on the back panel? What are you seeing on the POST Code display? They fly by pretty quickly, but attempt to write down what POST Codes are displayed.

...S

Storm
Beginner

Hello, well I did that step you said pressing the back to BIOS button, before looking for help around here with the i7 990x processor but windows wouldn't boot, so I removed and put my other i7 950 processor back and the PC starts up perfectly without any problem.

Ps: I left some explanatory images below for better understanding.

AlHill
Super User

bad processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

n_scott_pearson

Al is likely correct; it is sounding like a bad processor. But let's go through the analysis anyway.

You didn't answer my questions. I don't care about what happens with Windows yet. The primary question is: Does the board power on? Do you see the BIOS splash screen display or the display screen of your add-in SATA III controller? Can you press F2 and get into BIOS Setup? If it is not powering on, are there POST codes being displayed on the board's 2-digit POST Code display? If so, what is the last POST Code that is displayed? If you engage the Back-to-BIOS button, how does it act differently (i.e., are the POST Codes different)?

...S

Storm
Beginner
Nothing appears on the screen, no information without video signal, it is not possible to press F2, and no other key, it is not possible to enter the BIOS.
n_scott_pearson

What is happening on the POST Code display?