Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHalp2
Beginner

Looking for drivers for DP55WG

Hi. I have lost the CD with the drivers for this board, and it looks like Intel doesn't supply them anymore. Any help appreciated!​

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If you are running windows 10, or attempting to install Windows 10, windows 10 will have all the drivers you need.

Doc

BHalp2
Beginner

Hi Al. And thank-you for the reply. Actually, and don’t hurt yourself laughing, this machine runs XP. And it’s getting a bit unstable and may need a clean install. So, I think I’ll need the original CD/drivers – especially for the RAID controller. Bob
AlHill
Super User

You will have to manually search for the drivers that are missing.

Doc

BHalp2
Beginner

Sadly, I guess so. It surprises (and disappoints) me that the drivers are not available on Intel’s web-site. I get Google hits for places like downloadcenter.intel.com and hwdrivers.com that look like they have drivers. I’ve never gone that route before. Any opinions on the quality/safety of sites like these?
AlHill
Super User

I recommend that YOU DO NOT USE 3rd party driver sites. You NEVER know what payload they may deliver.

Just can XP and go with W10. And, no excuses like "I have an app that will only run on XP".

Doc

BHalp2
Beginner

Ok. Will stay away from such sites. I didn't trust them either. I already have four Win 10 machines and a machine that dual boots Win 7/32 and Win 7/64.
AlHill
Super User

Rather than maintaining hardware for XP and W7, I have Hyper-V running on one of my machines where I have VMs for XP (32-bit) and W7 (64-bit). I am thinking of adding a W10 32-bit VM. Makes like a little easier.

Doc