Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Maxed out Ram

Hi there

;

I have a Dual Core Pentium mailto:T3200@2.0Ghz T3200@2.0Ghz 4.0Gb Ram. My pc says I'm maxed out on the Ram ( DDR2 SDRAM) Can I upgrade the processor,

increase the Ram? How do I know if the motherboard is maxed out?

RonBond

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Maxed out Ram

Changign the CPU won't help.

Where does it say that your RAM is maxed out? and where are you reading that you have 4 GB of ram?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

what board are you using, and what version of windows are you running 32 bit or 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Dogfruit, how ya doing! My specs on the pc says "memory capacity"- maxed out @ 4 GB RAM & on back cover

4096 mb 667mhz DDR2 SDRAM (2x2048 mb). Also on the board itself there is 2 sticks of DDR2 SDRAM each stick says 2GB ram on it!

I've tried to download updates on motherboard. It's possible that the board is upgraded to the max already? Right? Like if I put 6GB Ram in

if the board can't go that high then, well it can't, Right!

Ron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Most sys rearly use more than 2 GB of RAM in normal conditions . If your looking to speed up the sys you could change the ram from 667 to DDR2-800. and get a marginal gain. But 4 GB should be enough even on a 64 bit sys. if you are using a 32 bit sys windows will not see more than 3.3 gb anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Marvel,,I am running ACPI x 64 based compliant pc & running 64bit win7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Than Like I said the best upgrade you can do is go to DDR2-800 Ram.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

What Board are you using ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Ron I noticed that you said you had a T3200. Is this a laptop we are talking about ??

0 Kudos