Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Memory Issue for DZ87KLT-75K

There seems to be a problem with the XMP-3 memory setting when using 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz (CMY32GX3M4A2133C11). Using this setting, the system:

1.) Starts up for 2 seconds

2.) Powers off

3.) Starts up with no POST for 20 seconds then proceeds to boot-up normally

This happens when the memory is clocked to 2133MHz using the XMP-3 profile setting in the BIOS. Doing a soft-shutdown also results in the same sequence of events. However, reversing the memory setting to "Automatic" changes the memory speed to 1333MHz and the system returns to normal operation/start-up. Any clue why this is happening? Has anyone else observed similar problems using Corsair Vengeance Pro memory?

My specs:

Core i7-4770K

DZ87KLT-75K

32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (CMY32GX3M4A2133C11)

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD

Corsair AX760 PSU 760 Watts

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

0 Kudos
68 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the exact same issue with the 2400mhz version of the RAM

it will only run at 1333mhz

even after i adjust timings and volatages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi, I am going to test it from our side. I will be back with more information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi guys,

I tested a Corsair memory (1866MHz) at 2400MHz and the system did not post. This could happen because the memory does not support that speed. I went back to the tested memory speed (1866MHz) and it was working fine but the 4th generation processors are capable to work with a memory speed up to 1600MHz or 1333MHz.

Our best recommendation is to use the components at the default specifications in order to get the best functionality from them. It is also important to say that the Intel® does not support or provide warranty on products that have been over clocked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Kevin,

I understand that 1866MHz rated memory should run at 1866MHz speed under its respective XMP1.3 profile. Overclocking any higher (such as 2400MHz) will result in instability. Under default specs, I also expect it to revert back to the JEDEC spec (1333MHz).

In my case, as well as in Carnage21's, we are using Corsair Vengeance Pro with the advertised XMP speed of 2133MHz and 2400MHz, respectively, which should run at the advertised frequency under XMP1.3. The problem is that they do run but after the sequence of shutdown/power up/shutdown/power up. Now this isn't a problem on other motherboards as there are a handul of reviews using Corsair Vengeance Pro memory clocked at the advertised XMP1.3 speed with no reported issues. For some reason, this is a problem on the DZ87KLT-75K board specifically running the Corsair Vengeance Pro memory modules under XMP1.3 profile speeds.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to test using this specific brand and type of memory and validating the XMP advertised speeds to we have an apples-to-apples comparison. Do you have this capability?

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory.html?p=2 http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory.html?p=2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Alchemy27,

Based on the memory part number you provide the fastest speed this can run is 1866MHz according to their website:

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory/vengeance-pro-series-... http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory/vengeance-pro-series-...

At this point my best recommendation is to contact corsair and confirm with them the configuration for this memory. In the meantime we are going to still checking on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for any confusion but the part number for the memory in question is CMY32GX3M4A2133C11 which has an XMP1.3 speed of 2133MHz. Likewise, Carnage21 has reported identical issues with the 2400MHz variant of Corsair Vengeance Pro. Corsair has confirmed to me that these are the representative speeds and are designed to be fully compatible with 3rd/4th Generation Intel processors and the z87 chipset. Please keep us updated as to the progress. Thanks for supporting us with this persistent issue.

http://www.corsair.com/us/vengeance-pro-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr3-dram-2133mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy32gx... http://www.corsair.com/us/vengeance-pro-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr3-dram-2133mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy32gx...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Thanks Alchemy27, I will pass this information to start an investigation. I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

i have the same problem too , with the 16GB version CMY16GX3M2A2133C11 , 1.5 Volt.

Computer config the same as Alchemy7s' with windows 8 64bit

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory/vengeance-pro-series-... http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance-pro-series-memory/vengeance-pro-series-...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Guys,

I know this has been frustrating for you guys and we do appreciate your feedback. This has been escalated to the development team.

We apologize for the delay on this process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hey every one and kevin_intel

You should escalate this issue even more so they can provide a BIOS fix and soon.

Been running the DZ87KLT-75K for 3 day now and i have a similar memory issue, I'm currently on the latest BIOS

I noted that the memory issue was persistent on the release BIOS but on the current 0344 it doesn't occur much.

Problem In details:

Some times when i switch on the PC from cold boot i hear 3 beeps meaning memory error no post on screen then the PC shuts down and turns back on by it self, then it posts with a massage stating the PC has recovered.. some settings were changed.. something of the sort pres Y to enter setup N to proceed, when Y to enter setup i not that some times the memory resets it self to 1333 and sometimes remains at the XMP 1600. this whole mess is irritating and annoying.

System Specs

- DZ87KLT-75K AA304

- i7-4770K on Stock Speed And Stock Cooler

- Corsair Vengeance LP CML16GX3M2A1600C9 (I Bought 2 16GB Kits Total 32GB XMP 1.3, 1600MHZ C9)

- PSU Seasonic X-660 (Works Very Well Even On Previous DZ68BC)

- Geforce GTX 770 2GB

Link to the RAM, mine are the Black Ones 1.5V

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-lp-memory-16gb-1600mhz-cl9-dd... http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-lp-memory-16gb-1600mhz-cl9-dd...

Oh the Kits are working fine on the DZ68BC they have been working in that Build for 6 months, so the RAM are not bad plus retested them on the Same DZ68BC and MSI Z87 Based and EVGA Z77 Based motherboards

So as you can see the problem occurs even on 1600MHz, this is a BIOS bug as some times when the problem appears when i go into BIOS there is no XMP to select (Mostly when the speed is still at 1600MHz) have to shut down and switch on again to be able to select and confirm the XMP which is version 1.3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi stephenb.b.r,

I have running a DZ87KLT-75K next to me with the memory part number F3-1866C10D-16GSR running at 1600MHz and I have not been able to replicate the issue you are saying. However, I have escalated the problem and they are taking a look on this to have it fixed as soon as possible.

I appreciate your feedback on this matter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

The issue does not occur immediately plus its random, might happen might not happen but it is there. So far in the last 4 days it has happened like 5 times, issue is present mostly coming from cold boot after shutting down the PC for long hours *NOTE* some times it does not appear and some times while you don't expect it to happen it does.

You might be using a different version of the motherboard, I am very much aware the retail version is not same as the one reviewers were sent to, in fact you could be having the same version as the one the reviewers have.

Retail Version : 1: No J-Tag Header, 2: No Detachable BIOS Chip

Reviewers Version Like Yours : 1: Has J-Tag header for advance debugging, 2: Has detachable BIOS Chip

Plus you could be running on a per-release version of the BIOS there were at list two BIOS revision before the 0336 Release Version they were on Intel website initially before release.

Or you could be running an upcoming stable bios higher than 0344.

Or even you could be running a C2 stepping DZ87KLT-75K

Anyway please i hope a fix is coming

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi stephenb.b.r,

Thanks for the information. At this point is the issue has been escalated and is under investigation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hey how long do we have to wait, just for your information there seem to be several threads about DZ87KLT-75K with memory issue, what is going on, please release a stable BIOS with no memory issues or any other issues at all, this is the only Z87 Board that Intel has so they should provide all the attention to it, plus its the last of its kinde try not to leave a bad taste.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

I have just built a PC using this board and it is having the same issue as stephenbbr, this is with the same memory. On cold boot the board bleeps 3 times and then comes up with the error messages as Stephen described. I spent a lot of money on this build and have to say I am impressed with the board itself and performance but the bios bugs are a bit disheartening. Is there any news or estimate on any bios update that could potentially fix this issue.?

Many thanks.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi All,

I understand your frustration on this situation and I am really sorry for this. The issue is still escalated and under investigation. I will provide updates as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update, hope we have a resolve soon.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Just finished setting up my system with the same board yesterday. Same issues. I tried running with XMP @ 2400MHz and it's completely unstable. I tried the other XMP profile @ 2133 and still ran into issues. I understand it's running out of spec but why bother selling your customers tested, preconfigured profiles if it's not going to work as advertised? I even went as far as referencing the tested memory kits for this board before making my purchase. I ended up buying the Kingston 4x4GB kit that was confirmed @ 2400MHz. Hopefully we see some stability fixes soon.

0 Kudos