cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Memory problems using DZ77RE-75K with Corsair CMZ32GX3M8X1600C9

Hello all!

I tried to build a new PC based on DZ77RE-75K, 3770K and Corsair CMZ32GX3M8X1600C9 (32 GB, 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-24).

The BIOS (I have installed the newest one) recognizes the RAm with XMP1400 support. Increasing clock did crash the computer.

CPU-Z displays a RAM speed of 1333 MHz.

Any ideas - new BIOS?

Best regards

RUE 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
VDerk
New Contributor III

I have the same memory (but a DZ68BC and a 2600K). Latest BIOS also prevents me to use 1600 Mhz.

You could try to use 1600 Mhz with 2 DIMMs installed, different order. Or try not to use the XMP profile but overclock using the default 1600 option in the BIOS.

Sometimes a slight increase in memory or system agent voltage may solve the problem.

idata
Community Manager

Hello again - no update?

Using different settings in any kind causes the mainboard to go into "no-start" mode

Wolud be thankfull for any kind of information.

Best regards

RUE

idata
Community Manager

Hi guys I also build a new PC board DH6CL, 3770 processor and ram corsair 1600mhz 8gb but my motherboard is showing memory 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz . Anybody know how to fix it without overclocking because my motherboard can support 1600mhz ram also. Would be thankfull for any help.

Best regards

Sanjeev

idata
Community Manager

Hello!

I am still looking for a solution of my problem.

Expensive mainboard - no help - real strange.

Next time better AMD?

Meanwhile I talk with Corsair - possible anyone of Intel can talk to Corsair?

Best regards

RUE

idata
Community Manager

What CPU are you using?

idata
Community Manager

I am using Core i7 3770K CPU

Thanks for replying!

RUE

idata
Community Manager

This is not an Intel issue. This is a conflict between memory modules and multiple current generation chipsets due to JEDEC reporting limitations

Many boards will only detect 1600mhz RAM as 1333mhz and run at this, so they will need to be configured manually. Do NOT use XMP profiles.

Check your RAM timings and enter them manually in the BIOS. If it still reports as 1333, up the ram multiplier to "12" and it should report it and run at 1600mhz.

The JEDEC ram conflct should be updated and resolved within the next couple generations of RAM modules and Motherboards for both AMD and Intel. Until then, use this method.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Justin!

This is what I assumed first - so I did never use the XMP configuration.

The mainboard is currently running under "automatic" configuration, which means 1333 MHz, latency 9-9-9-24, multiplier 10.

Of course I tried manual config:

1600 MHz, Multipler 12, 9-9--24 -> crasch

1600 MHz, Multiplier 12, 9-9-9-24, 1.65 V -> crash

1600 MHz, Multiplier 12 10-10-10-24, 1.65 V -> crash

Once move from automatic config, the board will not boot up.

Meanwhile I contacted the "ramguy" from corsair, too - and I hope you'll find (possibly together) a solution.

Best regards

RUE

idata
Community Manager

CML8GX3M2A1600C9 is a 8GB (2 x 4GB) kit.

Mixing multiple kits is not guaranted to work by memory manufacturers. If you want to use 32GB, then buy a 32GB kit. The chances of mixing four kits together working is not very good, even if they have the same part number.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233263 Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB &# 40;8 x 4GB&# 41; 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 &# 40;PC3 12800&# 41; Desktop Memory Model CMZ32GX3M8X1600C9

idata
Community Manager

Hi Nails - thank you for showing the hint

Of, course I did not mix up modules. I bought a CMZ32GX3M8X1600C9 set of modules

This is a 4 x 8 GB Venegeace Kit, 1600 MHz clock, cl 9-9-9-24.

Thank for showing the hint - but does not solve the problem

RUE

idata
Community Manager

Hi all!

Upgrade to v53 BIOS did not solve anything.

Try to find out base of problem with corsair support but any try fails.

It seems mainboard/BIOS did not support XM1600 profile.

btw - tried to set parameters manually - did not change anythig. configuring something different than XMP1400 or 'automatic' causes the board to non-boot.

SPI information delivered from different tools (cpuid, memcheck) show wrong information: 670 MHz .. (=1333 MHz for RAM).

Any idea?

Best regards

RUE

Need h

idata
Community Manager

Hello again!

Meanwhile Corsair did change the RAM-Kit but nothing is changed.

If I take a look at all open term regarding memory problems with DZ77 Boards it looks like there is a problem in BIOS or mainboard design.

Please give me a verified information with which kind of memory kit DZ77RE-75K as a flagship board is able to run under 1600 MHz when i3770K is installed.

Best regards

RUE

idata
Community Manager

Hi and thanks for 0058 firmware image.

It was hard to update my Win7 x64 system (only in recovery mode with CD-Rom possible).

Unfortunally it fixes not the described problem - I will wait for a bugfix. BIOS reports only XMP 1400 profile, 'Automatic' delivers slightly better values. If I configure manually according to CORSAIR values system crashes while starting-up.

Thanks and best regards

RUE

idata
Community Manager

For what it's worth, with my DZ77GA-70K and 16GB of the same memory (4 X 4) I can set XMS profile 1 in BIOS setup when using a PCI-e video card (integrated video disabled), but not when using the integrated HD4000 video (integrated video primary).

Not sure if that has any relevance to the problem you are experiencing, but I hope it helps.

idata
Community Manager

Hi again!

With Bios 0059 is it possible to run the chips at 1600 MHz - not with XMP, but when using the JEDEC information manually.

Unfortunally now DIMM socket # 4 is getting damaged - board is going to RMA.

Will report, when board is back.

Best regards

RUE