Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Mi placa intel arranca desde discos ssd nvme

Buen día, me podrían ayudar ayudar con una duda que tengo?? Quisiera saber si mi PLACA INTEL DG41TY podría arrancar desde una sd m2 Nvme gracias por sus respuestas de antemano.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. There is no M.2 slot on this board.
  2. M.2 NVMe SSD required interface is: M.2 PCIe MVMe 3.1 x 4
  3. Your board doesn't have it. So, the answer is no.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Buen día, disculpe no me exprese bien, si al instalar una SSD M.2 PCIe(NVMe) con un adaptador hacia la ranura PCIex16 , mi placa DG41TY la reconocería ???, podría arrancar y funcionar ?? gracias por sus respuestas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Wait for answer from Intel Engineer. I don't know. Never used such adapter with NVMe drive.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I can answer this.

You need to have NVMe support in the BIOS to be able to use an NVMe drive. You have a board with a 4 Series chipset (and a pre-Core processor). It was not until boards with 9 Series chipsets (and 4th generation (Haswell Refresh) Core processors) that NVMe support was introduced in the BIOS.

Bottom line, with the DG41TY board, you would not be able to boot from an NVMe drive and you might not even be able to use an NVMe drive at all.

Hope this helps,

...S

Highlighted
Beginner

n.scott.pearson gracias por su respuesta, me podría indicar que motherboards con chips de serie 9 por ejemplo puedo adquirir para esta función y cuando se refiere procesador core se refiere a las i3,i5,i7 y i9 ??

otra pregunta desde cuando intel dejo de hacer motherboards sabra ud. 

gracias por reponder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

That is correct; the Intel Core processor family includes the i3/i5/i7/i9 processors, as well as the Pentium and Celeron processors that were built on the same technologies. Your 4 Series Desktop Board, by the way, only supported pre-Core processors, specifically the Core 2 processor family, which included the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors. The first generation of Intel Core processors was supported by the 5 Series chipsets and subsequent chipsets have sequentially supported the succeeding generations of Intel Core processors. Starting with the 10 Series chipsets, Intel changed to a different numbering system. The 10 Series chipsets became the 100 Series, the 11 Series became the 200 Series, etc. The 10th generation Intel Core processors are supported by the 400 Series chipsets.

Intel exited from the Desktop Boards business in 2013, shortly after the release of their 8 Series Desktop Boards (which supported 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors). Starting with the 9 and 10 Series chipsets, only third-party motherboard manufacturers (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc.) were manufacturing motherboards.

As for what you should purchase to replace your aged motherboard and processor, that's up to you. As I said, Intel just released the 10th generation Intel Core processors. The 10th generation processors are in short supply and *very* difficult to find. You might want to look at the 9th or 8th generation Intel Core processors. These are supported by motherboards with 300 Series and 200 Series chipsets, respectively.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

entiendo muchas gracias por su respuesta y por su tiempo también.

0 Kudos