Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Missing Driver

Briano0026
Novice

Hello 

I have an MSI x299pro motherboard,  I have downloaded all the drivers from the manufacturer website and the setup intel chipset direct from intel, yet I am still showing missing drivers.  I was hoping someone could help me with this.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  I have never had as many issues with boards as I have with these MSI boards.  The support is minimal at best.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Briano0026
Novice

After trying so many things, I went back to the simplest thing I could think of and use the root of the c drive as the source for the driver and thus it found it.  After finding two entries, the system rebooted and installed them all.  It was the drivers for the registers.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

Briano0026
Novice

Here is the attached file, thank you. 

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Remember that this (the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package) should be the first thing that you install after installing Windows. If you have already proceeded to install other driver packages or have changed processor, then I suggest that you do a full reinstall of this package. You do a full reinstall of this package using this process:

1. Unzip the package to a temporary folder.
  2. Open a Command Prompt or PowerShell window.
  3. Make the temporary folder the current folder.
  4. Execute the command: ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  5. Reboot.
  6. Delete temporary folder.

Hope this helps,

...S

Briano0026
Novice

@n_scott_pearson , thank you for the suggestion,  I tried a fresh install with no internet  trying your method.  install chipset was the first install after setup with the same result.

Briano0026
Novice

@n_scott_pearson @AlHill    this is the link where i am getting the chipset drivers from direct from intel.    

Chipset INF Utility (intel.com)

this is direct from MSI

https://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/mb/intel_chipset_300_WT.zip

I have tried both.  

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Exactly what package are you using? Please provide link to this version.

...S

Briano0026
Novice

After trying so many things, I went back to the simplest thing I could think of and use the root of the c drive as the source for the driver and thus it found it.  After finding two entries, the system rebooted and installed them all.  It was the drivers for the registers.