Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFerr17
Beginner

Missing OpenGL

Hi i went to play a game and it said OpenGL was missing. I looked that up and it said to make sure my drivers were up to date. I checked on the intel site and it says everything it up to date yet the game still tells me OpenGL is missing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The Q45/Q43 chipset is not supported on Windows 10. Nor is your processor for that matter.

If you want to continue to use your device on Windows 10 (although it is not supported), you may want to install an add-on graphics card. Be careful - most modern cards will have backward compatibility problems.

Or, purchase a new(er) system that is compatible with Windows 10.

Doc

RFerr17
Beginner

Oh ok thanks for the info. I was actually already debating returning this computer if i could anyways. My last desktop was nice but it needs a new motherboard so instead i opted for a refurb but its not really working out. So i guess its looking like returning this and maybe just using the money towards a new motherboard for the old desktop may be best? Or is there a desktop (used is fine) that can run modern (and old disc) games that wont break the bank? Im really not great at understanding specs and such and only recently getting more into pc gaming. I also do video editing do it would have to handle that too.

AlHill
Super User

None of Intel's desktop boards are supported on Windows 10, although many will run W10 quite well. Also, Intel no longer makes desktop boards.

I would search a site like newegg or microcenter to see what is available.

Doc

RFerr17
Beginner

You mean look for a replacement graphics card? if so what brand and how do i know it will fit and work with games and video and windows 10? Sorry, not too knowledgeable about this stuff.

AlHill
Super User

You "might" try looking for an add-on graphics card, if you have a PCIe x16 slot available. Without looking at the specs for your desktop, I do not know what you have available. Like I said, many cards will claim to be backward compatible, but are not. This is a somewhat difficult task. You might try consulting with a local PC repair shop.

Doc

RFerr17
Beginner

Ok ill look into it. Thanks for the info!