Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11428 Discussions

Motherboard DH61BE

dmitrys
Novice

I cant find firmware for update BIOS. Anybody give file firmware?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Found a box of old motherboards, eh?

Bios 0120 attached.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached a ZIP file providing a number of the BE BIOS releases. Read the Release Notes file carefully for installation instructions and starting install.

...S

dmitrys
Novice

I have BIOS version - BEH6110H.86A.0035.2012.0112.2206.  It turns out I have to follow this instruction.

I don't quite understand why after the first step I have to flash again with the same firmware?

If the computer’s current BIOS version is earlier than 0048:

1. You must first update to version 0048, using one of these methods:

Express Update

iFlash Update

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

1. Check if the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) Firmware is version 7 or 8.
  2. a) Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
  3. b) Go to the Main > System Identification Information screen
  4. c) The Intel ME version is listed here.
  5. d) Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.
  6. If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recovery and then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed.
  7. Then you must then update to version 0099 before upgrading to any later BIOS, using one of these methods.

Express BIOS Update

F7 BIOS Flash Update

iFlash Update

1. Update to any later than 0099 BIOS version. Using one of these methods.

Express BIOS Update

F7 BIOS Flash Update

iFlash Update

There are no special steps required for updating from BIOS version later than 0099 to a more current BIOS version.

dmitrys
Novice

Why can't I flash through f7 in the first step? This method is easier since I do not have a exe file (express bios update).

dmitrys
Novice

Also, I do not have a file for the firmware using the iflash flash method, so it remains to update the firmware via BIOS Recovery?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, I recommend *always* using the BIOS Recovery process. It is the most reliable and complete method available (important for cases where corruption is suspected). Secondly, at Step 7, if you want the support for 3rd gen processors installed, you *must* use the BIOS Recovery process. Using any other method will result in the support for (only) 2nd gen processors remaining on the board.

I can provide you with a (DOS) iFlash2 executable it you really, really want it, but I don't recommend using it for processes like this.

BTW, I also recommend *never* using the Express BIOS Update (EBU; a Windows EXE) process. It may seem like it is the simplest method, but there were a number of reports of this process permanently bricking boards (it happened to me). Because this issue occurs so infrequently, the BIOS team was never able to reproduce it (despite my badgering). Thus, the issue was still outstanding when the Desktop Boards business was shuttered. Do yourself a favor; just don't use it. Ever.

Ok, I have to qualify that last statement. This applies to the Intel Desktop Board products only. Totally different EBU implementations were developed for the Intel NUC products (with Windows 10) and they do not have this problem.

Hope this helps,

...S