Beginner

Motherboard Drivers for BOXDH55PJ

Jump to solution
I’m looking for the motherboard drivers for BOXDH55PJ
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Intel exited the business and has not made any Desktop Boards since 2013. Intel made the (IHMO idiotic and a disservice (a slap in the face) to their customers) decision to not maintain drivers for download for any products that have been discontinued nor for operating systems (like Windows 7/8) that have been discontinued by Microsoft.

If you are installing Windows 10, almost all necessary drivers are built into Windows 10. Note the following:

1. Intel provides no Windows 10 drivers for the 1st gen processor's graphics engine. There is an inbox driver provided inbox by Microsoft but it performs poorly and lacks modern API support, Your best bet is an add-in graphics card. I successfully used a MSI GTX 750ti card in my 5 Series board until I donated it to charity last year.
  2. Similarly, Intel did not provide Windows 10 drivers for your board's 82578DC Gigabit Ethernet PHY. There is an inbox driver provided inbox by Microsoft but it too has its issues. If you have a problem with this driver, you can either get a PCIe Gigabit Ethernet card or a USB Gigabit Ethernet card.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner
I don’t know if Intel lost the files or what. Is Intel still making motherboards? What’s the story?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Intel stopped making desktop boards in 2013.  In September 2019, Intel removed all support files for discontinued boards.

What OS are you using, and what files do you think you need?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Intel exited the business and has not made any Desktop Boards since 2013. Intel made the (IHMO idiotic and a disservice (a slap in the face) to their customers) decision to not maintain drivers for download for any products that have been discontinued nor for operating systems (like Windows 7/8) that have been discontinued by Microsoft.

If you are installing Windows 10, almost all necessary drivers are built into Windows 10. Note the following:

1. Intel provides no Windows 10 drivers for the 1st gen processor's graphics engine. There is an inbox driver provided inbox by Microsoft but it performs poorly and lacks modern API support, Your best bet is an add-in graphics card. I successfully used a MSI GTX 750ti card in my 5 Series board until I donated it to charity last year.
  2. Similarly, Intel did not provide Windows 10 drivers for your board's 82578DC Gigabit Ethernet PHY. There is an inbox driver provided inbox by Microsoft but it too has its issues. If you have a problem with this driver, you can either get a PCIe Gigabit Ethernet card or a USB Gigabit Ethernet card.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
Thanks. Trying Windows 10 is a good idea.
0 Kudos