My test motherboard Intel® DN2800MT with BIOS Update Version: 0171 Date: 01/01/2015:
1) DN2800MT doesn't boot with DVB card DVBSky T9580 PCI-E inserted (PCIe bridge DVB card: Conexant CX23885)
2) DN2800MT doesn't boot with Hauppauge ImpactVCB-e Analogue Video Capture PCI-e Card inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)
3) DN2800MT doesn't boot with COMPRO VideoMate E800 TV PCI-e Card inserted (PCIe bridge: Conexant CX23885)
4) DN2800MT doesn't boot with DVB card TBS6981 PCI-E inserted (PCIe bridge DVB card : Conexant CX23885)
5) DN2800MT doesn't boot with DVB card DVBSKY S950 PCI-E inserted (PCIe bridge DVB card: Conexant CX23885)
The problem BIOS DN2800MT!
No Problem with ASRock DN2800MT
INTEL! Fix the problem in BIOS DN2800MT!!! And other BIOS motherboards Intel!
Do you get any LED blinks or beeps from the board? You may need to attach speakers to the back panel audio port.
Getting two blinks or beeps could mean the motherboard is detecting the TV tuner card as a regular graphics card. Try setting the BIOS to accept both but to use Intel® HD Graphics (IGD) as default or primary graphics controller.
I carefully studied technical product specification Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20714/eng/DN2800MT_TechProdSpec09.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20714/eng/DN2800MT_TechProdSpec09.pdf (All pages)
1) settings the BIOS to accept both but to use Intel® HD Graphics (IGD) as default andprimary graphics controller.
2) installed in PCIe DVBSky T9580 TV tuner with an external power supply (12V@5A);
3) I to attach speakers to the back panel audio port and internal stereo Speakers;
4) 1-2 seconds Switch the power button motherboard;
5) I has not received any LED blinks or beeps (audible error code) from the motherboard - LED continuously lit;
6) doesn't boot with DVB TV tuner card PCI-E inserted;
7) Switch (1-2 seconds) the power button motherboard - does not turn off;
8) Switch (8-10 seconds) the power button motherboard - motherboard reacted.
Motherboard with Intel® NM10 manufacturers: ASRock, Zotac, Asus ... work well with DVB TV tuner
The problem is not in the power PCI-E and not in DVB TV tuner.
I think the problem is in the BIOS initialization.
I want to believe in high quality INTEL...
Did you take any steps in order to determine if the PCI Express x1 slot is damaged by any chance?
I understand you have tested different video capture cards but, did you try a completely different type of card? Is this issue happening with more than one Intel® DN2800MT?
...In this slot work perfectly other PSIe device.
DVB TV works fine on motherboards with Intel chipsets: Asus (After fixing BIOS), ASRochk, Zotac...
This problem happening with more than one Intel® DN2800MT (all versions of BIOS): Intel® DH61AG, Intel® DH77DF, Intel® DQ77KB.
2012 -> DN2800MT and DVBSKY S950 Pci-e. System don't start: /message/172807# 172807 https://communities.intel.com/message/172807
2013 -> DN2800MT doesn't boot with TBS6981 PCI-E inserted: /message/280716# 280716 https://communities.intel.com/message/280716# 280716
2013 -> DN2800MT Non Boot with TBS6981 PCI-e Card: /message/211838# 211838 https://communities.intel.com/message/211838# 211838
2015 -> DN2800MT doesn't boot with All DVB and Video Capture card PCI-E inserted: /thread/60667 https://communities.intel.com/thread/60667 /message/280717# 280717 https://communities.intel.com/message/280717# 280717
2014 -> TBS6285 not recognized on Intel S5520HC board http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=8933&p=30997&hilit=TBS6981# p30997 http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=8933&p=30997&hilit=TBS6981# p30997
Here is an example to solve the problem for engineers Intel:
1) Intel DH77DF and PCI-E TV Tuner: /thread/33465 https://communities.intel.com/thread/33465
2) TBS6981 card causes system freeze at boot up http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7823&hilit=intel&start=10 http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7823&hilit=intel&start=10
3) About PCI-Express compatibility issues http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=8478 http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=8478
Intel® !!! What should I do? For which I paid the money? I can throw my motherboards Intel® in the trash?
I guess this is the same issue that you reported on thread:
As I mentioned on that thread, the response we got from engineering is that they have not validated or tested the cards that you listed, and that there is no plan to validate additional hardware on the Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT for now. Engineering confirmed the following cards work fine:
Again, I really apologize for this situation, we just cannot validate everything that is out there in the market and we do a significant effort in getting validation and testing both ways: Intel to Device Manufacturer and vice-versa but it is really impossible to test everything and make BIOS adjustments to fix issues.
I would recommend that you call https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/contact-us.html Intel Customer Support and open a Service Ticket and make reference to this thread so that the customer support team can re-escalate, make sure that you provide your business impact to better understand the whole situation.
Why have successfully solved this problem with the motherboards: Asus, ASRochk, Zotak ???
70% Most modern DVB TV tuners -> PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z.
Test any: DVB tuner, DVR, Multimedia video capture card with the PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z on Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT -> the Result:doesn't boot with card PCI-E inserted!
I doubt in high quality of products ®Intel and very much regret what bought a Intel® DN2800MT
I need help ®Intel!!! Correct the error BIOS to PCIe bridge Conexant CX23885-15Z!!!
List of similar problems:
/message/158888# 158888 https://communities.intel.com/message/158888 DN2800MT TV card Compatible issue
/message/155615# 155615 https://communities.intel.com/message/155615 Intel DH77EB compatibility issue with PCIe x 1 TV Tuner card !!!!!!!!!!
/message/158545# 158545 https://communities.intel.com/message/158545# 158545 DH77EB - Any resolution for PCIe-recognition problem?
/thread/33465 https://communities.intel.com/thread/33465 Intel DH77DF and PCI-E TV Tuner
/thread/24989 https://communities.intel.com/thread/24989 Big problem with DVB-S2 tv-card and new Intel DH61AG
/message/156004# 156004 https://communities.intel.com/message/156004# 156004 Z77 PCIe issue
/thread/29125?tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/29125?tstart=0 Intel DH77EB - Problem with KNC TV-Station DVB-S2 Twin Card & 23.976 hz
/message/155131# 155131 https://communities.intel.com/message/155131# 155131 PCIe x4 card not working in x4 slot on DH77KC, x1 cards do work
Where Intel officially wrote about the incompatibility of DVB cards ???
1) I bought the goods on AMD chips, which works fine
2) Intel® has not corrected its product a factory defect and stopped answering to my emails!
3) Intel® did not provide full information about the product. In my opinion, violated the rights of the buyer in my state (Ukraine).
4) I send this product to an independent examination!!!