Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevetB
Beginner

Motherboard Wires

I was recently given a DQ57TM motherboard and have a question about the front cables. I have HDD Led, Power SW, Power LED +, Power LED -, and reset SW marked on the cables. Where exactly do they go on the motherboard as marking on the board are different. I have never done this before and am a little afraid of screwing it up and ruining the motherboard or processor.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Look at figure 11, page 47, jumper block M.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/H57_Q57/DQ57T...

Then, look at "Front panel header" on page 53.

StevetB
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. That is a great help actually. It has taken some of the fear off this process for me. Cheers and stay safe.

AlHill
Super User

Glad to help.  If you are not able to see the power and/or HDD LED. reverse the 2-pin connector. 

StevetB
Beginner

Is it an issue other than the lights not going on ? in other words can any damage be done ?

AlHill
Super User

No, no problem at all.  You just will not see the LED on.  Now, some folks like the flashing LED to indicate disk activity.  Also, I replace my Power LED with a blue LED.  I like blue. 

Whenever I connect the wires, 50% of the time, I have them reversed, so I have to flip them just to get the LEDs to work.