cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

My DZ77GA-70K 2nd 16X slot can't recongize my RS2BL080

Hi,

I newly bought the DZ77GA-70K and Intel RS2BL080 RAID card. Before i update my board's BIOS to 0060, the RAID card is working properly on the 2nd 16X PCIE slot, but once updated to 0060, the RAID is not working anymore, it cannot detect in BIOS. The slot is working as I tested with another RAID card - LSI 8888ELP and it works, just my new RS2BL080 cannot detected. Now I have to plug the card into 4X PCIE slot to make it work.

Is there any one have similar issue with Intel RAID card?

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Please keep in mind that the Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL080 is compatible only with certain Server workstations boards and systems. These products are not designed for desktop boards.

For additional information on the Intel® Workstations and Server systems, please access:

http://ark.intel.com/products/42874/Intel-RAID-Controller-RS2BL080?q=RS2BL080# compatibilityproducts http://ark.intel.com/products/42874/Intel-RAID-Controller-RS2BL080?q=RS2BL080# compatibilityproducts

idata
Community Manager

Yes, there is others with similar problem. They reverted to old BIOS 0053.

Check here: (Go to page 3)

idata
Community Manager

Finally i found out the RS2BL080 was able to detect when plug it to 1st x16 PCIE slot.

now my setting changed as

1st x16 PCIE slot - RS2BL080

2nd x16 PCIE slot - my display card

And i have updated the BIOS to 0061, so far working fine with this setup

VSeve
Novice

Hello,

I have the same problem with LSI 9271CC controller. Initially, it had been detected on the second 16 PCIE slot, but not after updating BIOS. At present (with BIOS 61), it is detected and works on the first 16 PCIE slot. However, it is not wholly compatible (in Windows 8 Pro 64 bit) with the main application of IRST, as this application does not work, though its driver works OK (I have disks connected both to IRST and LSI 9271).

VSeve
Novice

Hello,

by the way, I also have Intel RS2BL080 controller and it has been working for several years quite fine (in Windows 7 64 bit and now in Windows 8 Pro 64 bit) on an older Intel desktop board (D975XBX2), so in contrast to the above Intel remark on its compatibility with its desktop boards, it does work also on them, though Intel obviousloy does not officially support it.