Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

My Intel DQ67OW Bios, Performance section, some setting are not accessible. Need a key sequence to unlock it please. It detects my memory incorrectly.

The Bios description of the Performance section states clearly that;

Select an XMP Profile (if provided by DIMM SPD)

Memory Multiplier is set to and greyed out.

So I need to unlock this section and rectify the settings.

The settings in this section is incorrect for the memory, which I need to change.

With the correct settings, the memory modules will be correctly detected.

Now it detects each module as 4Gb instead of 12Gb.

The modules are Corsair XMS3 (3x4Gb) 1333 DDR3

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Gary_G,

What is your processor model? I'm asking for the processor model because it depends on the processor if the multipliers are enabled or not, if you have a lock processor this option will be grayed out, if you have an unlock processor the option will be available, unlock is a K processor that can be overclocked.

What you memory part number? Usually the part number for these rams starts with this letters CMK,CMZ,CMSX etc.

Now, if you want to increase the frequency for a locked processor your will need the base clock (BCLK) is the frequency the CPU is running, you can do it but it will be under your own responsibility because we don't support this configuration because it will be overclocking your system.

If you need to increase the processor frequency and processor voltage (overclocking) you can get some assistance at:

http://www.overclock.net/ http://www.overclock.net/

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Ivan

Appreciate your response.

I don't want to overclock my CPU.

I only want to change the settings for my memory modules as it is incorrectly detected by the BIOS.

Each module is detected as 4Gb although they are 3x4Gb, 12Gb each.

My cpu is a i3-2120 and the memory modules are 3 x CMX12GX3M3A1333C9's.

Really hope you can assist me.

Regards

Gary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. You have a total of 12GB, comprised of three 4GB DIMMs. Each DIMM is *supposed* to be detected as being 4GB.

If you are thinking that each DIMM is 12GB, you are incorrect. No 12GB DIMM has ever existed. For DDR3, the possible sizes for individual DIMMs are 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB.

What is confusing you is that many RAM companies, like Corsair, use a unique part number for the DIMMs that are sold as part of matched sets (of 2, 3 or 4 DIMMs). Matched sets are DIMMs that have the exact same speeds and configuration and which have been tested to work properly as a set. In your case, the part number indicates that you have a set of three 4GB DIMMs and that the total is 12GB.

Bottom line, nothing is wrong and nothing is being improperly reported.

Hope this explains it,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Scot, you are absolutely correct.

Just needed to talk to someone that could make it clear to me as you did.

Regards

Gary
0 Kudos