Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFria1
Beginner

My board Intel® DH61CR problem

my motherboard does not accept keyboards, I bought this motherboard to put together a core i5 computer, connect everything but my keyboard did not work when I tried to press a key the computer turned off or does not type, my mouse works correctly the only problem is the keyboard, I already changed the motherboard 2 times and the problem still persists, change the hard drive and still nothing, what should I do?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use a different wired keyboard.

Also, what is the model number of the processor you are using?

What operating system?

Doc

AFria1
Beginner

Core i5 3340

i try win 10 and win 7

i already try 2 more differents kinds of keyboards same problem.

the keyboard work well in another pc.

AlHill
Super User

What bios are you using?

There was an issue in bios 0020 where a USB keyboard could not enter the bios when the usb port was disabled in the bios.

Try other usb ports, or try a PS2 keyboard.

You may also be looking at a bad processor.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You must be on at least BIOS 48 before you can use the 3rd Gen processor in this board. If this is the only processor that you have and the BIOS is an earlier version, cross your fingers and hope that you can get BIOS 48 installed.

What you are going to have to do is attempt to install BIOS 48 using the BIOS Recovery process. The BIOS Recovery process is documented here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions. Here are my additions to these instructions:

1. Use USB 2.0 flash drive. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives!
  2. On a Windows-based PC (NOT a PC running Linux or MACOS!), use the standard Windows Format dialog​ to reformat the flash drive using the FAT32 file system (and ONLY the FAT32 file system!) with the Quick Format option disabled (very important!). If the Windows Format dialog doesn't offer FAT32 as a choice, this means the flash drive that you are attempting to use is too big; get a smaller one.
  3. Download and copy file BE0048.BIO onto this flash drive. No other .BIO files should be present on this drive!
  4. Properly eject the flash drive to ensure writing is complete.
  5. Insert this flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue USB 3.0 or yellow​ USB Charging ports. Do not use front panel USB ports.

Getting BIOS 48 installed is not the whole process. You are going to have to install BIOS 99 and then BIOS 120. Carefully read the BIOS Release Notes file and follow the instructions provided in blue.

Hope this helps,

...S

AFria1
Beginner

i buy this board and the guy send me a video using the board normally, but when i plug the board doesn't work the keyboard but the mouse and the apps work well, i can play in the board but whitout keyboard.

AlHill
Super User

Maybe you should send the board back to the guy and get your money refunded.

Doc

AFria1
Beginner

I already do that one time before.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Try a different keyboard. Try plugging it into different USB ports.

...S