my motherboard does not accept keyboards, I bought this motherboard to put together a core i5 computer, connect everything but my keyboard did not work when I tried to press a key the computer turned off or does not type, my mouse works correctly the only problem is the keyboard, I already changed the motherboard 2 times and the problem still persists, change the hard drive and still nothing, what should I do?
What bios are you using?
There was an issue in bios 0020 where a USB keyboard could not enter the bios when the usb port was disabled in the bios.
Try other usb ports, or try a PS2 keyboard.
You may also be looking at a bad processor.
You must be on at least BIOS 48 before you can use the 3rd Gen processor in this board. If this is the only processor that you have and the BIOS is an earlier version, cross your fingers and hope that you can get BIOS 48 installed.
What you are going to have to do is attempt to install BIOS 48 using the BIOS Recovery process. The BIOS Recovery process is documented here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions. Here are my additions to these instructions:
- Use USB 2.0 flash drive. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives!
- On a Windows-based PC (NOT a PC running Linux or MACOS!), use the standard Windows Format dialog to reformat the flash drive using the FAT32 file system (and ONLY the FAT32 file system!) with the Quick Format option disabled (very important!). If the Windows Format dialog doesn't offer FAT32 as a choice, this means the flash drive that you are attempting to use is too big; get a smaller one.
- Download and copy file BE0048.BIO onto this flash drive. No other .BIO files should be present on this drive!
- Properly eject the flash drive to ensure writing is complete.
- Insert this flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 port on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue USB 3.0 or yellow USB Charging ports. Do not use front panel USB ports.
Getting BIOS 48 installed is not the whole process. You are going to have to install BIOS 99 and then BIOS 120. Carefully read the BIOS Release Notes file and follow the instructions provided in blue.
Hope this helps,
i buy this board and the guy send me a video using the board normally, but when i plug the board doesn't work the keyboard but the mouse and the apps work well, i can play in the board but whitout keyboard.