Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adix0
Novice

My ps/2 socket only works with a keyboard and not a mouse. The board is a DQ77CP. Ps/2 is ticked in the bios and the keyboard does work (but not the mouse) Any ideas would be appreciated

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did it ever work with a PS/2 mouse?

Maybe the PS/2 mouse is defective?

What BIOS are you running? The latest, 0074, can be found here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/59045/intel-desktop-board-dq77cp.html

What OS are you using? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Also, the tech spec for your board can be found here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dq77cp/dq77cp_techpro...

Doc

adix0
Novice

I've used the mouse in another pc so I know it's OK

BIOS I MKQ7710H.86A.0064.2013.1003.1058

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

I'm not sure if you can only use a keyboard or both the manual doesn't say. It says ps'2 port.

AD

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You are on BIOS 64. Please upgrade to BIOS 74 and try again.

Have you verified that a keyboard will work in this PS/2 connector?

...S

adix0
Novice

Hi, The keyboard works fine and we know the mouse is OK

I'll try and upgrade the BIOS.

adix0
Novice

When i press F7 on boot the screen just sits there does not go to the BIOS menu.

The other method says i'm running the wrong version of software (I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

n_scott_pearson

Do not use the Express BIOS Update method.

Power off the NUC. Insert USB flash drive containing the .BIO file. Press power button to power it on. Immediately begin pressing the F7 key, over and over, approx. once per second, until it is accepted and the .BIO file selection menu appears.

...S

adix0
Novice

When i press F7 on boot. The screen just sits there on the BIOS menu.it freezes

I power off using casing button

When i start again i get this.

BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)

Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS

perfromance options or or recent hardware change.Press "Y" to enter setup or No to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings.

n_scott_pearson

When this occurs (usually as a result of failure to initialize memory), press Y to enter BIOS setup. Once there, use F10 (followed by Y) to exit BIOS Setup re-saving the current BIOS configuration. After save is complete and system resets, try using F7 key then.

...S​

adix0
Novice

Still freezing on the same page.

n_scott_pearson

Is this a new build? It is acting like there is an issue with the memory installed. If you power off, wait a few seconds and then power on​, do you see the power LED come on solid or does it flash. If it flashes three times, this indicates bad or incompatible memory. If it keeps coming to the Unsuccessful POST Attempts message, this typically indicates cannot initialize memory with current settings.

...S

adix0
Novice

OK Thanks i'll leave this alone now and use a usb mouse.

The pc is not a new build and works fine apart from the ps/2 problem.

Thanks for your help.