Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MVolp2
Beginner

NEW DP67BG board - No video + MB codes 5A, E6, E7, 00

I installed a brand new Intel DP67BG board that I had with a brand new Core i7-2700 processor I won as a Geek Squad employee. I tried two different video cards ASUS Poseidon & GeForce 9800 GTX but get no video from either. The motherboard beeps several times and the codes on the board are 5A, E6, E7, 00. I cannot get any video and can't get into the BIOS.

I also have brand new RAM from Corsair: CMVGX3M2A1333C9 x 2=16GB

Please help!

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

A brand new board that is from 2011?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50244/intel-desktop-board-dp67bg.html

A brand new processor from 2011?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/61275/intel-core-i7-2700k-processor-8m-cache-up...

How many beeps? This is important.

Surprised geek squad cannot figure this out.

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

Hi Doc, thanks for the reply. I was a Geek Squad agent back then and I won it from Intel. The board beeps twice and then a little pause and it beeps two more times... I haven't taken it to Geek Squad and I'm stumped...

Mike

AlHill
Super User

2 beeps is a video card issue.

So, you kept this board and processor for 8 years and are just now trying to use them? Just curious.

Also, once you do get the video working, you will need to update the bios. Respond back with the bios version you have. There is a very specific procedure for updating a board this far out of the current bios.

I know you said you tried two different video cards. You will have to try a known good card.

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

UPDATE: I pulled the video card and tried to start. There are NO cards installed!! I got the same problem. Two beeps Code 5A & E6 Two mopre beeps and then Codes E7 & 00

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlHill
Super User

What do you mean you "pulled the video card"? The board has to have a functioning video card installed.

I am trying to help you. Two beeps means there is a problem with the video. It is either malfunctioning, or missing, or something.

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

Someone suggested removing all cards so I took the video card out also. I still got the beeps with no video card installed. I was saving these parts until I had enough extra money to build a new computer and forgot about them until the board went out in my pc so I upgraded everything. The old video card was a GeForce 9800 GTX and I got an ASUS Poseidon from a friend that upgraded to a newer card but neither works.

AlHill
Super User

The board must have a functioning video card. Whether no card, or a bad card, you will get two beeps.

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

I really appreciate your help. I even tried putting the GeForce card in the second PCIe slot but got the same results...

AlHill
Super User

The board is bad (which may be why Geek Squad gave it away), or the video cards are bad.

The only other thing I would suggest is a new coin battery.

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

I got it brand new from Intel in a contest. I'll try the battery now and let you know.

MVolp2
Beginner

The battery tested full but I changed it anyway. Same result with new battery,

AlHill
Super User

Well, I am at a loss. Someone who knows the board better than I will have to comment.

I am still leaning on the video cards being bad. Do either of the cards require additional power? Do you know if the power supply is good?

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

Doc,

The card has two dedicated power plugs. Thank you so much for your help. I will try to find a VGA card to see if I get the same results. I don't think it could be the RAM because Crucial looked up the board before they sold it to me...

Maybe some other Intel GURU can take over where you left off???

Thanks again,

Mike

AlHill
Super User

Usually, if there is inadequate power to the video card, you should see a warning on the screen.

Did you have the additional require power for the card plugged in?

Doc

MVolp2
Beginner

Doc,

Both cards have two six-pin power plugs on top and I believe that I have a good 850 watt PSU. I am going to try to see if I can check anther PSU and a VGA video card.

Maybe that will help figure it out.

Thanks again,

Mike