Did you mean: 
JArce2
Beginner

Need a BIOS update in order to allow Windows 10 64 bit run properly

I own a desktop PC:

Intel DH61BE motherboard

Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

8 GB RAM

I updated my system from Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. A Microsoft advisor told me that I need a BIOS update that allow 64 bit drivers be installed, in order to allow Windows run smoothly, but the updates web page are no longer available, so I need your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What BIOS does your board have?

...S

JArce2
Beginner

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BEH6110H.86A.0020.2011.0218.1538, 2/18/2011

See the full specs in the attached picture

JArce2
Beginner

If you see the first picture, obtained from Intel's system detect web page, it shows another BIOS version: 04.06.04. Tricky.

AlHill
Super User

You have bios 0020. The latest bios is 0120, which I have attached.

I have also attached the release notes:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191120145814/https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_Releas...

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You need to install BIOS 48, then 99 and then 120. Because of distancing between these releases, all three should be installed using the BIOS Recovery method. I have attached a ZIP file that provides with all of these files.

There are very special instructions in the BIOS Release Notes that you should be following. To save you time, here is the process that I recommend you follow:

1. Reinstall BIOS 48 using the BIOS Recovery process.
  2. Install BIOS 99 using the BIOS Recovery process.
  3. Install BIOS 109 using the BIOS Recovery process.
  4. Install BIOS 120 using the F7 process.

The BIOS Recovery process is documented here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html?wapkw=bios+r.... I have some additional input on this process:

1. Use a USB 2.0 flash disk. Do not use USB 3.0 flash disks.
  2. After placing the .BIO file onto the USB flash disk, properly eject it from the PC; do not just yank it out.
  3. Note: there should only be one .BIO file on the USB flash disk. Between steps, delete the existing .BIO file and then copy on the new .BIO file.
  4. Plug the USB flash disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use front panel USB ports.
  5. After completing the BIOS update process, do the following:
    1. When you see BIOS Splash screen, use F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
    2. Use F9 key (followed by Y) to reset the BIOS Configuration to defaults.
    3. Use F10 key (followed by Y) to save this configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
    4. When you see BIOS Splash screen, use F2 key to again enter BIOS Setup.
    5. Make any changes required (boot order, etc.) and desired (disable NUMLOCK, etc.) changes in the BIOS Configuration
    6. Use F10 key (followed by Y) to save this configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
    7. When you again see the BIOS Splash Screen, power off. Y0ou can now try putting the new graphics card into the system.

Hope this helps,

...S