cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Need help to update DH61WW Bios

Hi All,

It was a second generation Motherboard (DH61WW) with Version 16 BIOS. I decided to upgrade my system to 3rd Gen Processor. I checked internet and it suggested to update the bios. I followed the steps and updated the BIOS to Ver 48 and then to 99. Now problem started and Intel ME and NW MAC is 0's. I checked all the forums and did reset of BIOS, Jumper settings, Recovery mode by removing the jumper. But in recovery there is no display at all. I tried to rewrite 99 again, 113, 116... everything failed at ME update. I am not sure what options are left for me to recover the BIOS. I am in deep trouble... Kindly help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello KarthikV,

My best recommendation is to start doing the BIOS update one by one in ascendant order to the latest version. Jumping some BIOS updates can brick the chipset since every BIOS update contains many changes for the system.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I updated to Version 48 as recommended and then to 99 as it was mandatory. Till Bios Ver 48 everything was normal and problem started only in Ver 99. I am not able to do anything. Please help me to recover my Motherboard to normal operation.

Karthik