Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11478 Discussions

Need to install storage driver on D101GGC motherboard

idata
Community Manager

Well, my XP install got blown out by a really nasty virus so I reinstalled. I didn't have the Intel matrix storage driver handy that came with the motherboard, so I figured I'd just let XP use it's generic IDE / SATA drivers and how much difference could that make, right?

Turns out it makes a huge difference as reading from the drives is REALLY slow now, about 1/2 the speed it was.

So, I have two questions:

(1) Where can I get the right storage controller for that board, and

(2) Is it possible to install that without completely reinstalling Windows? Someone told me it might be possible to do that using the Windows repair console. Any ideas?

THANKS!

Terry D.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I guess no one knows the answer to this.

Terry D.

idata
Community Manager

I'm not sure this board used the Intel Matrix Storage Driver.

Larry

idata
Community Manager

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=d101ggc Here you can find the drivers for that board. As Larry suggests, there is no Matrix Storage Driver for that board. A quick search of the Technical Product Specification for "Matrix" does not show anything useful.

That doesn't mean you can't install the Matrix Storage Driver though!

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=intel matrix storage Intel Download Center

idata
Community Manager

Which version Driver would be useful on the D101GGC?

Should I install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager too?

What are the benefits of of the Matrix Storage Drivers over the SATA/RAID drivers or are they the same?

TIA,

Larry

idata
Community Manager

My short answer to that is: if the software isn't on the downlad page for the system, don't install it.

That said, you're free to install whatever you like on your system. In this case, you'll have to decide what's best.