Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Networking Internet

My board is DB85FL. I am having problem with internet connection. It stops many times, apparently for no reason. When I notice it, I open the connection, just disconnect it and reconnect. It starts working instantly. As a matter of resolution, I started connecting it through wifi dongle,

Realtek RTL8188SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

But the problem persists. Could it mean there is some problem with the board? Is there any resolution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You are talking about the Ethernet connection, right? There is no wireless capability on this board.

Have you tried installing the brand new 25.1.1 package? If not, give it a try. You can download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=....

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. Just now I downloaded and tried to execute. On clicking Autorun.Exe, nothing happens. I also tried right-clicking and running as administrator. Nothing happens. Then I shut down my system. Waited for 15 minutes. Then started the system and tried again. Nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

About the wireless capability, I have put a wifi dongle. It does connect with either ethernet cable or with wifi. The problem is, it stops working unpredictably. I learned a trick. Whenever this happens, I just disconnect it and connect it again. It works, maybe for a couple of seconds or maybe for the next hour or so. Does not matter if it is connected through a dongle or through ethernet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's odd; it works for me. Try going to subfolder APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 and double-clicking on DxSetup.exe.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. I get an error message "This product is not supported on this operating system. Aborting setup."

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. Any advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ah. You should have mentioned that earlier. 25.0.0 is the last release that will support Windows 7. The 25.1.1 release is specific to Windows 10.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. With whatever setup I have, it has been working for years. What could have suddenly gone wrong? Do I need to give up on this issue now or is there any solution? I just thought that maybe I should reinstall from my old back. Will it be a wise thing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yea, go back to an older version. If I has to guess, something around v21. Then, avoid IDSA updating it to a problematic version.
...S
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. I suppose you are referring to some version of networking software. Is there any link from where I can get it. By the way, what is IDSA. I tried to look on the net, which has confused me further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This page (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-Final-Rel...) offers downloads for Windows 7 on legacy platforms like yours. There are also links for previous versions of the package
IDSA is Intel Driver and Support Assistant. You can download it from the main Download Center page (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com).
...S
0 Kudos