cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSven
Beginner

New Bios 0594 Intel DX79SI

Thanks for the latest bios.

Sadly the Event error ID 56 is still not fixed.

Driver PCI returned invalid ID for a child device (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF00)

This USB 3.0 error was fixed with the 0537 Bios.

Is there any reason why you can't add the fix/workaround back from the 0537 bios?

Also a WARNING:

If you update to the latest Bios 0594 and goes back to an older version, the cpu fan will always run at 100%

I never had issue with the fan speed before.

How can I go back and avoid this??

Regards Torben

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Nighthawk,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am going to pass this information to the corresponding department.

TSven
Beginner

Hi Kevin

Thanks for reply.

I hope your engineering team can/will come up with a solution, so we can go back to an older bios version.

An even better solution would be a fix/workaround for the the event error ID 56.

Regards Torben

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Nighthawk,

The fan will work automatically depending on the processor temperature based on temperature sensor. Have you tried doing a bios recovery in the system using previous versions?

TSven
Beginner

Yes, I have tried a bios recovery with a previous version.

The cpu fan will slowly start running at 100% no matter what the cpu temperture is.

This is the problem, I want to go back because of the Event error ID 56.

The cpu fan speed runs normal with the 0594 bios.

The cpu fan issue only occurs when going back from the latest bios 0594 to an older version.

TSven
Beginner

Hi Kevin

I have discovered another bug with your latest BIOS 0594.

Your USB 3.0 firmware tool W200FW36.exe will BSOD windows.

Open your Command Prompt and Try

W200FW36.exe /Srom ?

If I go back to BIOS 0537, W200FW36.exe works fine with no BSOD.

The problem is, I cannot go back from BIOS 0594 to 0537 for permanent use, since the CPU fan speed will run 100% on older bios versions after you have updated to the latest one (0594)

I also want to see the fix/workaround back for the Event error ID 56 that was added to the BIOS 0537.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Nighthawk,

Thanks for the feedback on this matter. I will pass the information to the corresponding department for future considerations.