cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GKová
Beginner

New gpu, black screen problem

Hey Guys!

I want to ask your help, I just bought a new SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon™ RX 560 4GD5 (11267-18) gpu, and when im build it into my pc, and start it, nothing happens, blackscreen and no sound, etc.

My previous gpu was a HD 5750 1GB with the same 6pin connection and power consuption (75W). I have a 500W psu and for both gpu the recommended is 400W. My motherboard is a Intel® Desktop Board DH77EB and my cpu is a i5 3470 with 2x4gb 1600mhz ram.

My monitor have only a VGA connection so i bought a HDMI -> VGA passive adapter which works well with my previous HD 5750 gpu. I updated the gpu drivers already and its not solved the problem. I have windows 10.

I've tested the new gpu in another pc and it works with the hdmi->vga adapter, so dont need an aktiv adapter.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

More and more situations like this are being reported. The primary cause has been a lack of support for Legacy BIOS in newer graphics cards. Try enabling UEFI and see if this alleviates the problem. Be aware that, while this configuration change may get the board working, you will likely be required to reinstall your O/S to use it configured this way.

Hope this helps,

...S