Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allaboutpcs
Beginner

No Nvidial SLI with Z590 chipset

Asrock/Gigabyte has published the upcoming Z590 series motherboard models. None of the models has support for Nvidia SLI or Nvlink i.e. Nvidia multi gpu support. Not sure wteher its due to some technical issues or some commercial aspect. Does anyone has any information about this? This really restrict users to use Intel CPUs for AI and push us towards AMD. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you posted and asked on the nvidia forum?

This forum is for Intel Desktop Boards.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

That is correct; NVIDIA is dropping support for SLI. Here is an article about it: https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/315164-dual-gpu-gaming-gives-up-the-ghost-as-nvidia-ends-sli-supp....

Hope this covers it,

...S

JohnKrisfalusci
Beginner

@n_scott_pearson, Well what about the 4-slot NVLink bridge that was released alongside the RTX 30 series?

Why would they release that but offer no z590 motherboards with this compatibility? It doesn’t make any sense..
AlHill
Super User

Ask nvidia why.  I am sure they can explain.

JohnKrisfalusci
Beginner

@AlHill, I have in fact. And there's always someone like you who says ask <the other person/vendor/manufacturer/company..etc> And then I ask there and get bounced again.. and so forth.

It's really weird, no one seems to know~ =(

AlHill
Super User

Well, to me it makes no sense to try and get the information here, second hand, and hearsay.  Nvidia has a forum that you can use.  They made the choice.  Here, on the intel forum, we can only speculate. 

I do not understand why people like you want second hand information when you can have the information straight from nvidia. 

JohnKrisfalusci
Beginner

@AlHill, Well maybe because I'm trying to asking both so I actually have a greater chance of getting a reasonable response from folks other than you? But that's okay, there's always one who just has to respond with something that has nothing to do with my original question.

By the way, if you're not an Intel employee or a contractor, then you shouldn't be responding cuz obviously you have no clue k? This is a rather complicated and difficult issue that many folks like me are looking for, ALSO in Nvidia forums alright? Thanks~

AlHill
Super User

I always point users, like you, to the absolute best source for an answer.  I do know a couple of guys that hangout at the local autoshop that I can refer you to if you want an answer that will have no credibility.

Your discussion makes no sense.   If you need a root canal, going to a pharmacist is not going to help you. 

I wish you the best of luck trying to put together disjoint pieces of information, and taking it as fact.

No longer following this senseless thread.

JohnKrisfalusci
Beginner

Thank god... And guess what? Looks like I got my answer and it definitely wasn't from you. Don't quit your day job doc, whatever that is, I'm outta here~ Seeya

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

As Al (correctly) indicated, Intel simply isn't in the picture for this decision and anything you get here is going to be hearsay. If you want to better understand the decision, I have two suggestions, (1) ask the people at NVIDIA who actually made this decision and (2) ask the folks at ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Lenovo, etc. who actually design and manufacture motherboards and would include support in their BIOS if it was going to be supported (but isn't).

...S