cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DArya1
Beginner

No display but fans run

So here I'm trying to update my BIOS on my motherboard from 0016 t0 0120

In the instruction it asked me to update to version 0048 N 0099 beforr upgrading to 0120

I flashed successfully to 0048 but thr fimware version was still 7.1.x.x so did a recovery update to 0048

When it finished I rebooted my pc N was copying some stuff(In Windows)when suddenly power went down...

AND now when i trying to restart all i get is a black screen,3beeps on forced shut down

Any kind of help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DArya1
Beginner

Motherboard: DH61WW

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I suggest that you unplug the system from the wall and remove the CR2032 battery that is on the motherboard. Wait for 30 minutes, reinstall battery, plug system back in and power on. You should be able to use F2 to enter BIOS Setup. Once there, set the date and time and then use the F9 key to reset the BIOS configuration to defaults. Save and exit and see whether it will boot ok.

Hope this helps,

...Scott

DArya1
Beginner

I tried that but no luck...

I get no display either way

Keyboard n mouse r not working too

DArya1
Beginner

The cpu activity light flashes for a while then stop!!

DArya1
Beginner

In every technique I face the same problem of getting no display

Furthermore i not even sure what has caused this problem i.e. the MoBo or RAM or PSU...

n_scott_pearson

It sounds like a component has failed. Primary possibilities are (in order I would check) power supply, memory, motherboard and processor. For power supply and memory, find someplace to temporarily borrow replacement(s) to try. In the case of memory, you can also do some experimentation with that you have. If you are using two DIMMs, try running with only one of them and try in each DIMM socket on the board. If it doesn't work with one, try the other in each socket. If you only have one DIMM, try each socket. If all fail, then look for someplace to temporarily borrow a replacement DIMM.

...S

DArya1
Beginner

I replaced my ram with one that a borrowed from my friend N it went the same way as it did before

Still a Black screen and a beep on startup

The mouse lights but the keyboard gets no power

What can I do now??

n_scott_pearson

A single short beep? Or is it three beeps? Three beeps would indicate that the board is unhappy with the memory that is installed...

DArya1
Beginner

No, i get a single beep(short)

DArya1
Beginner

And you sure that its not my MoBo??

n_scott_pearson

No, I didn't say that. I said, "Primary possibilities are (in order I would check) power supply, memory, motherboard and processor". It could be any of these components - or something else.

...Scott

P.S. Unfortunately, a single short beep tells us nothing.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi DeVansh,

I understand that right now your system does not show any display after upgrading the BIOS to version 0048, try to do a http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005902.html BIOS recovery to the version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21170/BIOS-Update-BEH6110H-86A- 0041, before doing that remove the battery again for at least 45 minutes and then start with the BIOS recovery.

If you are able to make your system work with the BIOS recovery to version 0041, you can do either one, to leave it as it is because it is working now or continue the BIOS update, but in this case I recommend updating to the version 0048 but before getting to that bios version update to BIOS version 0042, 0044, 0045, 0046 and then 0048, if you are able to complete those BIOS updates then you can continue updating to the rest of the BIOS versions.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Regards!

Ivan

DArya1
Beginner

Okay so a recovery to 0041...

Should i do it with a USB or CD?

DArya1
Beginner

I tried a BIOS Recovery but its still the same during the recovery got no display, waited for 7-10mins then manually shut it down,reseat the BIOS Jumper tried to boot but it still wont post

n_scott_pearson

I hate to say it, but you may be out of luck. Did you purchase the board less than 3 years ago? If so, contact Intel Customer Support and request a replacement. If not, you may have to replace it at your own expense.

Sorry I don't have a better answer,

...Scott

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Yes, if you were not able to recover the BIOS with the troubleshooting provided, most likely the BIOS got corrupted, if the motherboard is still under the three years warranty you can request a placement here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Regards,

Ivan