Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

No video on DX79SR

I have been trying to deal with this for the last 5 hours, to no avail.

I have rebuilt a new computer with a DX79SR motherboard, however, nothing I do will provide video.

I thought maybe I messed up a component, so I went back to the old motherboard, and everything works.

I have reseated everything at least three times (cpu only twice), even started with minimal (and at one time, almost nothing) connected to see if there was an issue with something.

The computer powers on, fans spin, LEDs light up (although after a few seconds, some change: after about 10sec, the blue HD activity light turns off, the Memory Initialization blinks green, and video initialization stays solid green; nothing else)..

I cannot find any documentation or feedback as to what that means, and why there is no LED light on for the OS/ROM/etc...

Regardless, I cannot get any video, so I am not even sure where in the boot sequence the computer makes it to (I know it doesn't go all the way to windows).

The only beep is the 1/2sec beep at the very beginning, from which I read, is good news.

Other than that, i am at a loss. If anyone has any idea or thought I may have overlooked, please advise.

Thank you
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Please let us know the model of the Processor integrated on the system and the manufacturer and part number from the memory that you are using along with the power supply wattage. If you are using a hard drive from a different system or different model on the motherboard, it will be necessary to perform a clean installation of the OS.

idata
Community Manager

I have a 1000w power supply.

Processor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006YM9JSW/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00 Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011 - BX80619I73820

RAM (I assume this is what you are asking??): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068ZWZY0/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i02 Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)

I tried this both with a (used) SSD, and a brand new 3tb HDD, neither of which worked for the system.

last few times I turned it on, there was no beep. It would turn on, after 5 seconds, turn off, turn on, after 5 seconds, turn off, then turn on and sit there idle.
idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information. Probably a BIOS update is required to work with this CPU. What is the AA number on the motherboard? Did you test a different CPU (different model) on the system?

idata
Community Manager

The AA number? Is this different from the serial or part number?

Sorry. I wont be home for 3 days, but I can find the number when I get back.