Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

Non standard 12 pin connector on Intel IPM99-VK

jpctl
Beginner

Hello,

I repaired a computer for a friend, it was an HP Envy Phoenix 850 i7-4790K.  The motherboard (Intel IPM99-vk) was dead and it the cheapest ones I could find were about $400.  He bought a whole different motherboard and processor.  Everything works now, but there's one issue- the previous board had a 12 pin connector, see below:

12 pin 1.jpg

I cannot find anywhere the pinouts/diagram for this connector.  I think it's likely to do with USB and/or The Bang Olufsen (Audio) part of the computer.  You can see where it was connected below.

12 pin 3.jpg

I'm trying to get as many connections on the front as possible working on this computer.  Does anyone know the pinouts/voltage and connection for  this connector so I might be able to make it match up with one of the standard motherboard headers?  Or possibly a splitter that separates this into it's component parts for a standard board?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Looking at your two photos, I do not see "Intel IPM99-VK".   I see ONLY IPM99-VK.   I also see a HP logo silk-screened on the board.

As I said, this is not an Intel product.  Do you not think it is unusual that HP cannot tell you what that connector is for, for a board used in their products?

I am no longer following this thread.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is not an Intel desktop product.  Contact HP for support.

jpctl
Beginner

Hello, this is in regards to a connection found on this Intel IPM99-VK motherboard.  I need to know the specifications of the connector on that board.  The cable goes into this purpose  made, non-standard connector.  Intel made that board.

jpctl
Beginner

Also, I have this posted in both HP and Intel Community boards as it was a joint venture.  HP is saying contact Intel, Intel saying contact HP.  Both should have the answer.  Neither does so far.  

AlHill
Super User

HP board, used in HP products.  Get HP to help you.

jpctl
Beginner

OK, I realize I may have missed something.  I assumed Intel was the manufacturer of the specialty board for HP as it had "Intel IPM99-VK" written on it, and there was a dearth of data on this board  on either HP/Intel or the general web.  Are you saying, as it clearly appears to me now, that the big/bold "Intel" on the board is just a reference to the fact that it's an HP made motherboard that uses an INTEL processor, and that's why Intel is on there?  That is, for sure it's not and never has been an Intel board?  

AlHill
Super User

Looking at your two photos, I do not see "Intel IPM99-VK".   I see ONLY IPM99-VK.   I also see a HP logo silk-screened on the board.

As I said, this is not an Intel product.  Do you not think it is unusual that HP cannot tell you what that connector is for, for a board used in their products?

I am no longer following this thread.

View solution in original post

jpctl
Beginner

@AlHill I see now what happened.  You're right, HP board it seems.  Not Intel.  I think the original replacement he got was an Intel Motherboard and that persisted in my head from months ago to it being the original board.  The photos I had to dig up, were all old.  Thank you for your persistence.  Now I have to amend the data on HP's thread because I had labeled it an Intel board there, as well.  This is what happens when you have a backlog of projects and go to work on them months later to finally get them finished...