Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Not able to find the file TxtSetup.oem within AHCI Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards

Hi,

I have a Intel Desktop board DB75EN. I wanted to install the AHCI driver before installing a Windows 7 Pro x64 OS (Pre-Installation Using the F6 Method). After I downloaded the file STOR_Win7_8_11.6.0.1030_f6flpy-x64.zip from the Intel Download Center, I extracted the contents but found the file TxtSetup.oem missing. However it should have been there as per instruction 5.3 in the README file which appears here http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21857/eng/STOR_11.6_readme.txt http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21857/eng/STOR_11.6_readme.txt.

Please note that the file I downloaded was the one recommended for my motherboard. I would request someone from the community to reply me whether this missing file could cause some problems while attempting to install the AHCI driver before my OS install.

Thanks for your time.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

My advice is to install the OS without the driver disk. I suspect it's not needed anyway. If you have access to a Windows 7 install disc with service pack 1 that would also help.

Once Windows is up and running the FIRST thing you should do is run the Intel inf chipset utility, it's probably on the CD that came with the motherboard or download the latest and greatest from the Intel download center for your motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Brad for your reply. While I understand that Windows 7 with SP1 will provide me the necessary drivers for my HDD to work in AHCI mode, what I suspect is that they do not support SATA rev3. This means that my drive would work with OS supplied drivers that support SATA rev2 and hence in spite of connecting my drive to a 6 Gb/s SATA port, data transfer speeds would be bound to a theoretical max of 3 Gb/s. However with the Intel RST drivers, the theoretical max of 6 Gb/s would have held good.

What I wonder more is why Intel did not supply the TxtSetup.oem file when in the README document they have clearly mentioned that this is needed as one of the seven files to be put on a USB drive if one wants to install AHCI drivers before an OS install through the F6 method.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

TxtSetup.oem is for text-mode setup (e.g. Windows XP), you need not worry about its presence if installing Windows 7. Windows 7 will also complete the setup phase by using the built in Microsoft AHCI driver, then you can add the Intel driver once the installation has finished.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Gize for your reply. If I have understood you correctly, do you mean to say that after I install Windows 7 with built-in Microsoft AHCI driver, I should run the Intel INF chipset driver, followed by the Intel's AHCI driver (STOR_Win7_8_11.6.0.1030_PV.exe) and that would ensure that my disk uses the latest Intel driver?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Yes, that will work. You can also add the Intel driver during Windows 7 setup if you wish, it's up to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Gize for your suggestion.

0 Kudos