Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11435 Discussions

PCI serial port driver

Raman_Choudhary
Beginner

PCI serial port driver is not installed in my computer.

Raman_Choudhary_0-1615267501197.png

Can anyone please guide me where I can get the driver for this outdated serial port.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What board?

What processor?

Provide some real information.

You may also want to install the ME from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Raman_Choudhary
Beginner

BaseBoard Product: DH55TC

BaseBoard Version: AAE70932-302

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, 3059 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

I'm using using windows 10  x64 based

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is not a standard Serial Port (if it was, Windows would have handled it with its standard driver). It is actually the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI). In order to resolve this device, you need to install the Intel MEI driver package.

...S

Raman_Choudhary
Beginner

I tried installing it as per your suggestion but this program is not supported so not able to install it.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, I was afraid of that. There's a Catch-22 here. The packages that supported chipsets this old did not have support for Windows 10 and the packages that support Windows 10 no longer have support for chipsets this old. You are just going to have to leave this device unresolved, unfortunately. For safety's sake, I suggest that you disable the device. It will still remain outstanding in Device Manager, but not with a yellow bang.

Sorry,

...S