cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGIER
Beginner

PRO 1000 PT with Intel DH87RL motherboard

Hi

I'm trying to install a network adapter Intel PRO 1000 PT on my motherboard DH87RL.

I put it on a PCI-E x16, led is blinking when I plug a wire, system is starting but the device doesn't show in BIOS (v0330).

Is there a known incompatibility within this device and my mother board ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi LittleLama,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Checking on the Tested Peripherals for Intel® Desktop Board DH87R website below, PRO 1000 PT is supported.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000007345.html?_ga=2.1...

You can further check with our desktop board support for them to better assist you. I will forward your post to the board support team.

Thanks,

wb

KGIER
Beginner

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Because I found some other models having the same name, I need to add that the exact version of my network card is this one :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ethernet-products/gigabit-server-adapters/1000-pt-quad-port-... Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter Product Brief

This one is PCI-e x4, not x1 like it is said in the link you provided.

Does it make any difference ?

Thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Kevin,

The more important question is what happens in your O/S environment? Can you install device driver for card and access ports?

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hi LittleLama,

This should not make the difference since you mentioned installed on a x16 slot.

rgds,

wb

KGIER
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to use it on OS Windows 10, Windows 7 and a Unix OS.

On Windows 7 and 10 no more network card is detected in the devices manager and I got no more network device in the network panel.

I managed to install the drivers provided by Intel website with no more luck.

That's why I was wondering first why the device is not detected in BIOS, but I can make a mistake. I don't really know if a device can work fine without being displayed in the BIOS.

So, to be sure that I'm not missing something important, what procedure would you suggest to access a port ?

Thank you for your advice.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Other than verifying that the card works in another PC, I cannot think of anything else to suggest...